£38000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Negotiable DOE
7 months ago
Morson International are pleased to be working with our Client who are seeking 5x Project Managers for a Nuclear Power Station based in Suffolk.
Your duties will include, but will not be restricted to the following:
* Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
* Applying the company project controls standards and developing, maintaining, reporting and trending an accurate project baseline.
* Securing, assigning and maintaining a project team containing all the resources required to successfully deliver the project, including specialist support staff.
* Leading and coaching the project team members creating a positive team working environment.
* Identifying and assessing risks and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies.
* Managing assigned projects from concept (Gate A) to close out (Gate D) and maintaining effective integrated project execution strategies and plans.
* Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the project team and all stakeholders including Station, regulators and central support functions to ensure full understanding and commitment to the deliverables.
* Meeting the specified project functional criteria.
* Controlling scope and cost to the agreed project baseline, instigating and managing change control as necessary.
* Contract management responsibilities where delegated in the F3 Nomination of Contract Roles form.
* Maintain regular involvement of and communications with the Project Sponsor.
* Ensuring that any control arrangements identified, as part of the implementation of Licence Conditions, are adhered to during the lifecycle of the project (for new plant this includes specific arrangements under SLC 19, 20 and 21)
* Experience of Power stations and Outages are desirable.
* Experience within PWR Refuelling, PWR Nuclear Steam Supply Systems, Turbines or HVAC and Fire systems would be an advantage.
* Typically degree educated, ideally in engineering or a related subject. Chartered or equivalent preferred.
* APMP formal Project Management qualification or equivalent
* The Project Manager must be fully versed in modern project management techniques within complex, multi-functional organisations.
* Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of engineering, design, procurement, safety case, construction and installation/commissioning management and commercial contracting.
* You should also have significant brown-field project management experience.
* Able to demonstrate an understanding of Safety Cases including how they are developed and implemented, relevant Health and Safety and environment legislation including CDM and the actions required to achieve compliance along with a proven track record of working within highly regulated environments with high safety standards and culture.
* You will have a good understanding of the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled along with relevant experience of commercial, contractual and financial project drivers.
* Experience of fast-track projects and project start up with multiple work streams requiring rapid development to a conclusion.
* You will have excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to develop relationships and maintain effective networks and be results-focused tempered with a team-centred approach.
* You will be a strong conflict manager with a firm and assertive approach but take the analytical approach with a "can do" problem solving ability.
* You will require leadership, influencing and interface management skills and be capable of working with communities with conflicting focuses.
* Be able to demonstrable experience of managing projects throughout the full project lifecycle, ideally across a range of complex multi-discipline projects and environments, and management of an integrated project team including staff, agency and assigned functional support.
* Able to demonstrate experience of estimating, cost control, planning and commercial awareness including the preparation of business cases and sanction/ funding papers.
* Experienced in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, be proficient in the use of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools and in the use of Earned Value tools. Analytical approach with high-level problem-solving ability
These roles will be based within the Outage Management business area and will cover...
*Nuclear Steam Supply Systems
*Turbine support systems
*HVAC and fire systems
For more information about these vacancies please contact the Leiston branch on 01728 832862.
Alternatively please email your up to date CV