£45 - £50 per hour
3 months ago
The Project Manager 2 role provides project management services within our Operational Teams and provides mentoring to junior project managers, where required.
The role of Project Manager will be expected to undertake the following:
- Manage the delivery of medium risk multi-disciplinary projects within the constraints of an agreed budget, programme, and quality criteria, to achieve successful outcomes.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the departmental business plan, providing professional / technical expertise to support operational priorities in line with legislation, Environment Agency policy and required environmental outcomes.
- Guide, advise and support team members to resolve local issues and incidents, so that decisions are made on sound technical grounds and in line with best practice and timeframes.
- Monitor progress of work, identify gaps in the delivery of priorities and take remedial action to enhance the service; for the appropriate reallocation of time and effort.
- Identify and produce required documentation and reports to agreed quality standards to support operational work, management decisions, public enquiries, court appeals etc, so that information, evidence and Environment Agency interests are accurately and effectively presented.
- Contribute to the successful implementation of emergency plans, including acting as 'site controller' during incidents to deliver effective, timely and safe response to emergency incidents.
- Participate in or lead local projects and working groups to achieve well planned and managed integrated solutions that progress effective change and improvement in the organisation and support the best environmental outcomes.
- Seek to influence customers and build strong partnerships internally and externally to maintain a positive reputation, response and effective resolution of issues.
- Encourage and develop a safety conscious culture within the team to deliver work programmes without risk to the health & safety of the team or any other individual
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other Client staff where required.