10 days ago
Role: Project Manager - Submarine Systems - Atlas Elektronik UK
Location: Winfrith Newburgh, Dorset (DT2 8ZB, 10 miles from Dorchester, 17 miles from Poole)
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
Start: ASAP (SC level security clearance will be required prior to starting)
Due to continued company success. we are looking for an experienced Project Manager ideally with a defence / maritime background and experience in the management of low volume / high value and highly complex technical programmes to work for our client, ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK, a leading company specialising in the development, supply and support of cutting-edge maritime technology which protect lives at sea. AEUK supply key customers here in the UK (including close work with the Royal Navy) as well as navies worldwide. Role will be based in Winfirth Newburgh, Dorset, located 10 miles form Dorchester and 17 miles from Poole
This role will ideally suit a candidate looking to take the next step in their career
This role will focus on the development of submarine systems, hence prior submarine industry /project experience would be highly advantageous but is not essential. Candidates will also be required to obtain SC clearance prior to starting.
The Project Manager will be responsible internally to the Submarine Systems Head of Delivery and Submarine Systems Head of Division for all matters related to project delivery, and externally to the customer for delivery of the project
Key Skills and Responsibilities
- Experienced in managing the delivery of highly complex technical products from initial concept formulation and design definition through to final test and acceptance into service
- Experience in the defence or relevant high-end technical industry
- Engineering experience not essential, but do need a good understanding of technical projects
- Project values £500k - multi-million
- Able to cover a number of projects simultaneously
- Confident, able to present / represent both internally, and externally to key external stakeholders (e.g. government, Navy, industry) and senior personnel (i.e. ship's captains), both in the UK and overseas
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills, as well as experience leading diverse teams, stakeholders and suppliers
- Good commercial skills and awareness of relevant contractual aspects associated with project delivery
- Bidding experience would be advantageous, though this is not essential
- Self-drive and a willingness to get 'stuck-in'
- Role will mainly involve UK travel, though will also include occasional travel overseas
For the right candidate, our client can offer a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package, including relocation assistance (where necessary) and the opportunity to work for a highly respected, ambitious and cutting-edge company at the forefront of their industry and offering excellent prospects for future career development and advancement.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Defence, Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction