Up to €490.00 per day
23 days ago
Morson International working with a global consultancy who are looking for a Project Manager/Architect - SOA Middleware platforms to join their team in Brussels. This is initially a 6 months contract with the - it will be a long term contract.
The IT infrastructure Project Manager - Architect will be supervising the overall consistency of the middleware platform of our client and guarantees that its design fulfils the requirements.
Their middleware platform is providing services for commercial companies, for third countries (e.g. Russia, Japan, United States, e. g. through Mutual Recognition Agreements), and for other partners. This middleware platform is also using services of other platforms (including a Shared Services platform for logging, auditing, and monitoring).
The Platform is build using various middleware technologies, including message queueing services, enterprise service bus, database technologies, web application servers, virtualisation technologies, and using test tools (in particular IBM MQSeries, Oracle Service Bus, Oracle RAC, Oracle Weblogic, VMWare ESXi, and ReadyAPI, Selenium, JMeter, Citrus). As the platform verifies internet traffic, it uses various security software and appliances, from F5, Axway and others.
The successful candidate will manage this platform's activities that are usually part of larger projects managed by specific Business or IT Project managers. Workload permitting, this person may be involved in other projects or sub-projects. This position implies working directly with many stakeholders.
- Follow up technology and services evolution in the relevant areas
- Ensure that the systems, components and/or services design is consistent with the reference architecture
- Support the platform by designing services and components (or supervising contractors design), encouraging re-use as well as committing that the design of the system will fulfil the systems requirements, in particular non-functional requirements (volume, scalability, confidentiality, integrity, availability)
- Set up and enforce the respect of organisation, procedures and project office tasks, raising warnings in case of non-respect of these
- Enforce the delivery of the project(s) according to the agreed schedule, with the expected quality and with the resources provided
- Structure the information in ways that are appropriate to the target audience
- Report on the project status (tasks progress, plan, actions, risks, issues, decisions, changes, etc.) within the client and/or with Member States or other partners
- Escalate issues, in particular the ones with potential impacts on time or quality
- Produce, review and evaluate technical documents.
- Propose, challenge, approve technical solutions (including cost benefit analyses, assessment of implementations duration) and/or supervise their contractors in this field
- Document production review, with a focus on deployment-related (e.g. backup & restore, monitoring, SLA reporting, configuration management, high availability management) or end-users-related
- Supervision of subcontractors, coordination with other teams, DGs or MS (e.g. for the national deployments aspects or reference applications made available to MS) this may require preparation and run of slide shows, or organising and chairing some meetings
- Study (or manage the study of) adequacy and impact of new technology or new version of COTS/OSS to the client's systems or their interfaces with other systems
- Coordinate and liaise with Project Manager, Business IT Project managers and other teams and subcontractors wherever the client's platform is concerned
- Technical follow-up of activities of the platform including operational follow-up of incidents, problems and changes with the our client's Incident Managers and Operational contractors
- Understand, apply and suggest improvements of the methodology (e.g. TEMPO, RUP@EC), security policies, tools, best practices, etc…
- Report to the IT Portfolio officer
- You hold a College or University degree
- You have, at least, 5 years of general experience and at least 4 years of specialized experience in areas mentioned below
- Experience in managing SOA middleware platforms (required)
- Experience with web technologies required, including, but not limited to Webservices, SOA, Oracles SOA suite, Oracle Service Bus, database technologies (ORACLE), MQseries, XML, SOAP, REST, storage and backup services, application infrastructure services and related domains
- Several years of experience producing designs of complex systems, including requirements analysis, identification of alternative solutions and their assessment, technology selection and configuration
- Two industry certifications in the domain of project management or architecture (e.g. Web technologies, SOA, ITIL, PMBOK, PRINCE2, TOGAF, ArchiMate, others…) relevant for the job (required)
- Demonstrate ability to write business cases and/or vision documents, design documents and diagrams, (mpp) planning schedules, notes, presentations, minutes etc. (required)
- Several years of experience involving a recognized project management methodology
- English fluent (EU level B2) required.
- Would be considered as assets:
- French proficiency (EU level B2)
- IT security knowledge or certifications are an asset (ISO 27000 series, ISC² certifications, Commission IT Security rules Commission Decision 2017/46)
- Experience in Customs and/or Taxation domains is an asset
- Any specific tools, knowledge or experience used in the Commission or specifically is an asset (ARIS, Vivansa LXR, TEMPO project management methodology, Software Development Life Cycle, PM²)
- Knowledge of development methodology is an asset
- Any other industry certification and/or relevant training considered as an asset.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and we will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Paul from Morson for more information.