Manchester, Greater Manchester
£250 - £300 per day
Rail Technical Team
about 1 year ago
Morson International is recruiting for a Project Manager based in Manchester, the role is for a 6 months' contract with the view to extend.
The role is working for a Light Rail client, the purpose of the role is to support the Head of PMO & Programme in his day to day responsibilities allowing him to focus on longer term planning and objectives.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Managing project change by:
- planning & defining scope, activity planning & sequencing
- resource planning, developing schedules
- time estimating, cost estimating
- developing a budget
- managing documentation
- risk analysis - managing risk & issues
- monitoring & reporting progress
- team leadership
- strategic influencing & business partnering
- setting & ensuring quality Control
- realising benefits
- capturing and incorporating lessons learnt
- Ensuring current construction legislation & practice is adhered to.
- Liaising with key personnel and attending Client meetings through all stages of a project lifecycle.
- Produce progress and other project reports.
- Providing adequate information, instruction and supervision to ensure that work is conducted safely.
- Ensure risk assessments are in place for all relevant activities and in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Take immediate and appropriate steps to investigate and rectify any risks to Health and Safety arising from the work activity.
- Post has an on-call commitment.
- Excellent motivational and communication skills are essential to the role.
- You must have the ability to be an effective decision maker who is able to demonstrate an analytical approach to achieving goals.
- 3 Years Project Management experience (within the rail industry is desirable).
- Have undertaken formal Project Management training (ideally holding recognised PM certification - APM/PRINCE2).
- You must be qualified / experienced in at least one of the engineering disciplines (Civil, Mechanical or Electrical).
- Current driving licence.