16 days ago
Morson International are currently working with a major client in the Nuclear Sector who are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Project Manager on a permanent basis to be located in Bristol. The post will manage a portfolio of contracts with an approximate value of £30m for the supply of mechanical equipment such as valves, pumping sets, tanks and vessels. A competitive salary is on offer to the successful candidate.
- Define the work scope to be delivered within the contract or package of work and the interfaces to the other elements of the programme
- Securing the required resources to meet their project requirements, ensuring the maintenance of SQEP for any assigned resource and promptly identifying any personnel shortfalls or issues within their project team
- Developing and executing effective execution strategies and plans in line with the overall programme execution plan (PEP), setting out how the programme of work will be managed, organised and executed. The PEP sets out the "why", "what", "how", "when" and "who" for the delivery of the programme
- Maintaining effective communications with all stakeholders and executing the project or PEP strategies within their contract or package of work
- Drive the delivery of the contract or package activities to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements. Monitor and manage the progress of the programme - track progress against milestones, deadlines, budget and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters
- Anticipate, manage and resolve issues within the contact or package. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised, develop and update the programme budget, and escalate any issues to the Delivery Manager (Senior Project Manager or Director)
- Ensure level 3 schedules are developed and maintained for the contract or package of work.
- Ensure such schedules are consistent with overall Project schedules (levels 1 and level 2).
- Escalate any discrepancies to the Project Controls Director
- Interface with other programmes to ensure a high-level view of how the total project is progressing and to identify and adopt the use of best practice.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Track record of delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally but not exclusively, within the Nuclear Energy sector or similar regulated environment.
- Demonstrate success in managing / developing:
Engineering design, contract and field execution strategies for project delivery,
Multi-discipline EPCM projects,
Procurement and management of complex contracts,
Control of costs risk schedule and change and proficient in the use of Earned Value tools,
Close out of commercial claims and the associated negotiations.
- Experience of successfully engaging groups of stakeholders.
- Experience with working with overseas contractors and stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate strong management skills including project management, financial management, change management and facilitation. Proficient in the use of estimating scheduling, programming and risk tools.
- Experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout large and complex construction projects, in a regulated environment. Including NEC or FIDIC contracts.
- Good presentation, influencing and facilitation skills. Excellent communication and organisational skills, able to develop relationships and maintain effective networks.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Detailed understanding of PWR design and experience in PWR operations.
- Working knowledge of French language an advantage.
- Degree and chartered status in an engineering, construction, physics or other related field.
- Good knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- Knowledge and / or practitioner of Project Management with experience of applying either APM body of knowledge and OGCs Prince 2.
- Can demonstrate experience of managing project through the project lifecycle from concept to handover
- Understanding the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled.