€400.00 - €430.00 per day
5 months ago
Morson International working with a global consultancy who are looking for a Project Manager (PeopleSoft Upgrade) to join their team in Rome. This is initially a 4 months contract with the chance of extending for a number of times.
- Planning and management of the activities of the project ensuring efficient usage of assigned resources and adequate alignment of scope, schedule, budget and human resources.
- Monitoring of progress on a day by day basis to ensure there are no obstacles or issues to prevent the successful completion of the project according to the agreed schedule
- Lead a distributed group of stakeholders and provide the vision required to deliver desired project requirements
- Ensure fluid communication with all stakeholders, including by holding frequent meetings with individuals and groups to ensure any concerns, issues or doubts are quickly identified and addressed. To support the time and resource management of stakeholders they must be fully informed at all times of project progress and upcoming milestones
- Define strategies for and manage contingency planning and risk mitigation
- Ensure a comprehensive cut over plan is prepared early in the project and thoroughly validated with all business owners and impacted stakeholders
- Monitoring and reporting on project progress, schedule, deliverables and risks, when required and through regular reports, meetings, presentations and other communications. Prepare lessons learned and end project reports
- Take responsibility for overall project progress and use of resources and initiate corrective action where necessary. Approve deviations in terms of effort and planning that fall within the agreed tolerances (as specified by the agreed methodology)
- Support effective and timely communication to, and involvement of, relevant stakeholders including presentation to Governance Committees.
- Support the Change Management team to identify and effect any changes/new requirements for user guidance resources
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related fields, preferably at postgraduate level or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 12 years of work experience in IT at progressively senior levels
- At least 12 years of relevant Project Management experience with track record in management of large Systems Development projects as well as of change management principles and techniques
- Understanding of the functionality changes delivered in PeopleSoft 9.2 across the modules would be desirable, if not then the ability to gain this understanding
- Understanding of the technical considerations of implementing an application upgrade including identifying high risk components, scope of the cut over plan, dependencies and leveraging benefits
- Recognized Project Management Qualification such as PMP or PRINCE2 is desirable.
- Expert skill in the use of Microsoft Project 2007 or 2010 for complex projects experience with Microsoft Project Server 2007 beneficial
- Proven PeopleSoft Upgrade Project Management experience preferably with experience of PeopleSoft Application Release 9.2
- Experience of managing technical and functional teams, located both on and off-shore
- Proven ability to manage a large group of diverse stakeholders
- Ability to support the business analysis process, proof read documents provided by the technical and functional leads prior to sharing with stakeholders
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level
- Proven management and leadership qualities
- Familiarity with the United Nations common system or international financial institution is desirable
- International experience working in several countries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English essential.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Jake from Morson for more information.