3 months ago
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy to create products which protect lives at sea.
Due to continued success we are currently looking to recruit an ambitious Project Manager within the MOD Research and Advice division to manage projects in order to achieve the project objectives for time, cost and quality.
It is the Project Manager's responsibility to implement and deliver the project according to the agreed plan and AEUK processes.
* The Project Manager is responsible for both the internal and external (customer, stakeholder and subcontractor) aspects required for the execution and delivery of the project. The essential tasks include:
* Participation in defining the project structure and plan, defining the work breakdown structure and work packages, building on the information generated during the bid phase.
* Definition of the project team.
* Clear definition and placement of work packages and subcontracts.
* Risk and opportunity management, security and trade controls, configuration and change management for the project.
* Ensuring that the contract remains up to date and consistent with the project goals and business objectives.
* Ensuring that contract milestones are met and that cash flow is optimised.
* Project Managers are also key contributors to bids, often Bid Managers, and are required to apply the fundamental project management principles and methodology to bids.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
* Candidates should have achieved adequate recognition as a professional Project Manager via a proven track record, with the ability to demonstrate competence in project management disciplines via previous successful delivery of tasks, work packages and projects.
* Membership of an appropriate and recognised professional project management organisation, e.g. UK Association of Project Management.
* Degree educated in a related discipline.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Good organisational and leadership skills.
* Good commercial skills and awareness; ability to understand contracts and provide an input into contracts where required.
* Domain knowledge and track record relating to maritime research contracts and defence contracts in general, would be advantageous to applicants, but is not essential.
* Knowledge of the Shipley Process for writing winning proposals is desirable.
* Within the business the Project Manager is responsible to the Head of Delivery in all matters relating to the successful outcome of the project as defined in the Project Management Plan and via approved project budgets.
* External to the business, the Project Manager is responsible to the customer for the success of the economic and technical planning, implementation, delivery and completion of a project.
* The Project Manager represents the project on behalf of the business to the customer, external partners, suppliers and other stakeholders.
* The Project Manager sets and supervises the corresponding goals and targets for the project team, work package providers and suppliers, and initiates measures to reach those goals.
* Highly motivated, enthusiastic and delivery focused
* Innovative and prepared to challenge conventional thinking
* Tenacity and determination; with desire to deliver outputs and results
* Team player and leader
* Confident and enthusiastic
* Excellent communication skills; oral and written
* Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences