£36.34 - £46.75 per hour + PAYE or Umbrella company
15 days ago
Software Project Manager required for a 12 month contract to work initially remotely for our client BAE Systems in their Mission software area in Yeovil which s responsible for a suite of Software products deployed into UK and international Defence organisations. The Products range from Mission Planning Systems for Fast Jet and Helicopter platforms, Technical Publications Viewers deployed to in excess of 50 Platforms Worldwide, Web Services, Tactical Data Link systems and Logistic Systems. Activities occur across the full Product lifecycle from Bid, through Development, into Installation and Long Term Support.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
* Management and leadership of the project and delivery team
* Supporting the development of business cases and bidding documentation
* Identifying project objectives and outcomes
* Developing and tracking project plans, budget and schedule
* The identification, development and management of stakeholder relationships
* Accurate reporting of project status to team members, leadership and external stakeholders
* Ensuring business, project and quality management processes are effectively applied across projects
* Identifying project quality goals and lifecycle management (Gate) reviews
* Managing product safety and risk / opportunity assessments
* Identifying key skills required and developing the project team
* Mentoring of team members, providing guidance and support
As part of the project team you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities.
Your skills and qualifications as a Project Manager:
* Project management of development activities within a technical/engineering environment particularly within software (essential).
* Mentoring staff and leading teams
* Working to defined and structured lifecycle processes with formal gate reviews and a culture of measurement and continuous improvement
* Working to quality standards and qualifications, AS9100 desirable
* Critical thinking and problem solving
* Decision-making and leadership
* Stakeholder Management
* Strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
* Project management techniques and tools
* Can do attitude deliver on commitments within agreed budgets and timescales
* Influencing and inter-personal skills
* Self-organisation and good time management
* Innovative and able to drive improvement
* Taking responsibility for yourself and your team
* Occasional travel may be required
Ideally you have an honours degree or equivalent Project Management qualification, although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements.
Due to the volume of CVs received if you have not had a response within 48 hours please take it that your application will not be progressed but please feel free to visit our website to view other roles.
Candidates without the required Project management of development activities within a technical/engineering environment particularly within software .will not be considered.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.