Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40.00 - £45.00 per hour + Negotiable dependant on experience
6 months ago
6 months +
Our client a leading engineering firm in East Manchester are currently looking for a Project Manager for an initial 6-month contract, to be based out of their office in Newton Heath, Manchester.
This role will be working within the Marine team managing contracts for our client.
The successful candidate will ideally have a strong Engineering background.
- Experience working on large project - Military/Marine Preferable
- Good understanding of Microsoft Project
- Understanding and interpreting client's technical specifications and commercial documentation.
- Organising any deliverable packages.
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers and procurement of equipment.
- Organising of goods to be shipped and generation of all relevant shipping documentation.
- Organising and coordinating any site labour requirements
- Being financially responsible for projects
- Developing progress and financial reports for the management team
- Ensuring that projects are brought to conclusion on time within budget and to the client's satisfaction.
There will be some travel mainly in the UK but Overseas travel may be required from time to time so the candidate must be flexible with regards to working location.
SC Clearance will be required but can be arranged by client if not already in place.
Please apply today if you think this role is ideal for you, a quick start is available for the right candidate.