£410.00 - £430.00 per day
6 days ago
Morson are recruiting for a Project Manager to join our client in London, England.
1. Delivering technology and data change through one or more projects or workstreams as assigned by the Programme Manager or Senior Project Manager, that implement technology changes, business efficiency improvements and procurement obligations to achieve our clients business objectives
2. Structuring projects and workstreams assigned by the Programme Manager or Senior Project Manager, working with the T&D delivery functions and portfolio leads to develop the project or workstream execution plan and work breakdown structure to meet the required quality, delivery timescales and cost.
3. Delivery of the project or workstreams to the quality, time and budget tolerances agreed with the Programme Manager or Senior Project Manager, through regular reviews with wider project team members and reviews of project documentation, and ensuring that project risks and dependencies are correctly captured and mitigated
4. Working with internal and external suppliers to ensure delivery requirements are met and issues are escalated where required.
5. Influencing supplier contract variations and building relationships to support the delivery of technology projects authorise project and workstream deliverables and contract payments to values agreed with the Programme Manager or Senior Project Manager.
6. The implementation of projects and workstreams up to a value of c.£10m and overall length of up to 18 months typically, to drive our clients and wider Greater London Authority family business transformation, to achieve their business objectives
7. Developing effective relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and suppliers at a day-to-day level.
8. Deputising for the Senior Project Manager or Programme Manager when required.
* Recognised project management methodologies eg APM, Prince 2
* Substantial knowledge of planning, project and risk management tools and techniques
* Broad knowledge and understanding of commercial and contract issues in a technology environment including knowledge and understanding of different forms of contract.
* Good understanding of financial control and procurement processes and techniques
* General awareness of relevant national and international legislation relating to Government/Public Sector IT - e.g. Data Protection Act, EU Procurement Directives, IT security mandates and Freedom of Information Act .
* Good knowledge and understanding of electro/mechanical/IT systems and devices (desirable)
* Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and influence people at all levels across the organisation and outside, including negotiating and successfully facilitating joint decision making
* Proven ability to manage and influence senior and external stakeholders in a delivery capacity.
* A positive, can do attitude and proven ability to deliver cost effective solutions
* Proficient in managing applying project and workstream risk management methods and techniques for the assessment and management of technology and business risk at project level
* Proven ability to manage projects and conflicting priorities to achieve tight deadlines.
* Proven ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams to deliver effective end to end performance.
* Proven negotiation and problem solving skills including the ability to resolve customer impacting issues.
* Proven experience of personal responsibility for successfully managing technology and data projects up to a value of £10M in a large, complex and regulated organisation with multiple interfaces and delivering to time, budget and quality.
* Proven experience of supporting a commercial function to successfully managing and negotiating commercial and contract issues for projects and workstreams up to a value of £10m
* Proven ability to manage effective project governance activities and managing sponsors including reporting on progress to project and programme board-level stakeholders
* Substantial experience of project delivery in a matrix type structure where most contributing resources are not directly controlled and evidence of success when working with non-cooperating parties
If you are interested and have relevant qualifications and experience, apply now and I will be in touch with you shortly.
Alternatively, contact Connah OKeeffe at Morson International for more information about this position.