3 months ago
Our Qatar based client BAE Systems Strategic Aerospace Services (BSL) is recruiting a Project Manager - Hawk Entry Into Service on a permanent basis in Qatar.
The Hawk Entry Into Service Project Manager will have an in-depth knowledge of the Hawk Products and Services and will be accountable for the establishment, management and delivery off all the support services and deliverables to be undertaken by the BAE Systems deployed team in support of Entry Into Service (EIS) of the Hawk Aircraft at the Main Operating Base (MOB).
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
Manage and deliver all the activities to be undertaken by the deployed BAE Systems Hawk team associated with the EIS of the Hawk aircraft at the MOB.
Establish, create & co-ordinate a project structure for the above, including any project planning, scheduling, controlling and reporting activities.
Plan, direct, co-ordinate, continually monitor and manage the deployed team to ensure all agreed activities are being discharged as required.
Develop and deliver an effective stakeholder management and communications process to all internal and external parties.
Ensure an effective support structure is in place and adhered to for the deployed team, both for the operational activities and with regard to their welfare.
Ensure the deployment durations are minimised where possible for the BAE Systems deployed team.
Ensure all functional governance requirements are adhered to as applicable.
Provide leadership and management for the assigned project/programme.
Take responsibility for project/programme delivery.
Establish and maintain strong customer and supplier relationships maintaining regular communications and managing expectations.
Take responsibility for achieving customer satisfaction.
Proactively manage emerging risks and opportunities to the benefit of the project/programme.
Oversee the development, establishment and continuous improvement and tailoring of procedures and guidelines for operation of the project/programme, ensuring adherence to the Operational Framework and LCM mandates.
Evaluate the performance of subordinates using appropriate objectives and ensuring continuous coaching to enhance their capability.
- In-depth knowledge of the Hawk Products and Services
- In-depth knowledge and application of PM principles and techniques
- Sound commercial & financial understanding
- Understanding of the Customer Organisation
- Roles typically require a university degree, or an extensive amount of practical knowledge gained through experience
- The role holder will be required to manage a small team
- Problems will typically be solved through building relationships and using a variety of sources of information, answers cannot be gained from policies & procedures
Nature of Impact
- The role holder is responsible for ensuring the work of the team is of a quality standard
- The role holder is responsible for providing advice & guidance to the leadership team in managing their CSR, identifying opportunities and risks
Area of Impact
- The role impacts directly upon the business in relation to financials and project delivery as well as Customer reputation
- Effective and credible communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Motivational and inspiring in leading the team
- Diplomatic in dealing with Customer representatives
- Good level of English, written & verbal
Candidates without the required Hawk experience will not be considered for this role but there are other roles that might be of interest so please check on www.morson.com.
Due to the volume of CVs received if you have not had a response within 48 hours please take it that your application will not be progressed.