£300 - £400 per day + negotiable
about 1 month ago
Project Manager required to provide the overall project management rigour, change control, commercial awareness & stakeholder management to complement the existing management and technical skills within the team.
The role involved chasing hardware deliveries from subontractors, candidates should have productionisation experience within a defence environment.
Degree level qualification in an associated discipline (such as project management or engineering)
A professional qualification from a relevant Professional Institution is desirable (PRINCE / IPMA / APM accreditation.
A demonstrable positive performance record in the following activities is also required:
- Demonstrable successful track record of managing projects in a heavily regulated industry, with engineering / manufacturing elements.
- Proven leadership skills, strong communication skills, planning and delivery orientation.
- Demonstrable positive track record of being customer focused, building relationships with suppliers whilst balancing the needs of the business including senior level.
- Commercial / financial / business insight and able to exercise sound judgment.
- Generation, delegation and adherence to Work Packages and knowledge of the full product lifecycle in a regulated industry.
- Design for manufacture and cost.
- Positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
- Champion of change - encouraging others to follow.
The following experience and attributes are also desirable for this position;
- Awareness of Space Instruments, Mechanisms and Propulsion technology - A level of technical knowledge or awareness about chemical or electric propulsion systems would be highly desirable.
- Conduct of integration, qualification and calibration campaigns.
- Awareness of Hardware, Software and Firmware development activities.
- Traceability of requirements to their point satisfaction captured in a structured documentation set.
- Having the ability to lead / chair reviews.
- Full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and winning strategies.
- A "strategic approach" to dealing with partners, clients and staff.
- Experience of working across boundaries with knowledge of commercial management, elite supply chain and finance functions.
- Able to lead and contribute to process improvement initiatives.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.