City Of Manchester, Greater Manchester
£500 - £600 per day
Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
Project Manager GM Clean Air Plan (GM CAP)
A leading client in the Rail Industry is recruiting for a Project Manager to work on a Clean Vehicle Funds Scheme (Finance Provider Panel and Dealer Recruitment elements). The Initial contract duration is anticipated to be for up to 6 months with reasonable expectation to be extended.
Paying up to £600.00 per day.
Contract Role assessed as being outside of IR35. The role will be initially home based, and the candidate must have their own IT equipment to access. Role will be eventually based at client office in Manchester.
This role will be required for undertaking specific activity on the Clean Vehicle Funds Scheme including leading on procurement contract award and implementation.
- Experience of working on business change projects in the public sector, including significant procurement elements
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Extensive experience of working on complex, time critical projects
- Embeds into existing teams quickly
- Passionate and driven
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload to ensure challenging deadlines are met
- Experience and knowledge of public sector procurement in terms of evaluation and compliance to Regulations, supplier recommendation reporting
- Monitoring and managing supplier performance
- Ability to work to accelerated deadlines and self-manage peaks and troughs of workload.
Alongside excellent traditional project management skills, the successful candidate will understand the agile method of project delivery.
It would also be beneficial to understand the financial sector and experience of asset finance.