South West England, England
10 days ago
Atlas Elektronik UK
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Project Manager on a permanent basis, with an ambitious and innovative business in the maritime industry, based in Dorset.
The company has a requirement to expand its project management capability to support current and future growth, and secure an ever increasing share of both the UK and Worldwide export market. Projects range from research and advice to key customers to system level contracts for integrated product solutions involving software and hardware and through life support.
The PM represents the project on behalf of the business to the customer, external partners, stakeholders and suppliers, and sets and supervises the corresponding goals and targets for the project team, work package providers and/or suppliers.
- Defining the project structure, planning and WBS building on the information generated during the bid phase
- Definition of the Project Team that will lead the project delivery
- Clear definition and placement of work packages including key subcontracts required to deliver the project
- Ensuring appropriate risk, opportunity, security, trade controls, quality and configuration management for the project
- Reporting to all internal and external stakeholders including travelling for face to face communications
- Planning, monitoring, control and update of the project including management of project Life Cycle
- Management gate reviews
- Ensuring that the contract remains up to date and consistent with the project goals and business objectives
- Ensuring that contract milestones are met and that cash flow is optimised
- Bid Management - PMs are also key contributors to bids and are required to apply the fundamental project management principles and methodology to bids including: stakeholder management; WBS, OBS and programme definition (external and internal); customer and supplier negotiations; internal bid reviews; project management documentation; risk management approach.
- Experience of successfully delivering complex technical products from initial design definition through to final test and acceptance into service
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills and experience with leading diverse teams, stakeholders and suppliers
- Experience of managing significant value (financial, strategic) projects to challenging timescales, budgets and requirements
- Domain experience in the defence business or a recognised high end technical industry
- Good commercial skills and awareness of relevant contractual aspects associated with project delivery
- Ability to effectively communicate, present and negotiate direct with key external stakeholders (Government, Navy, industry) often in overseas environments
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.