Salford, Greater Manchester
28 days ago
Job Title: Project Manager
Based at: North West site locations as required. Initial project will be based in Salford
Package: Competitive salary
Due to continued growth we are currently recruiting to a number of Project Manager roles on behalf of a Building & Civil Engineering company based in the North West.
Working on multi-million-pound projects; you will work with an on-site team of colleagues and Sub-contractors, responsible for Projects being completed to the appropriate Safety, Health and Environmental standards and the Quality standards required by the customer.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Plan and supervise Safety, Health and Environmental matters on site thoroughly and effectively puts the plan into place to achieve the "Company Standard" throughout the Contract duration.
* Planning and scheduling work systematically for self and team, including sub-contractors.
* Ensure that the Project is delivered on time and ensures that the Programme is managed and controlled effectively.
* Establish and maintain excellent relationships with the Client, Design Team members and others involved with the scheme.
* Develop thorough understanding of requirements of the scheme and put the plan into place.
* Read, understand and use the Contract documents-understands the Form of Contract relating to the Project.
* Prepare and chair project meetings
* Understand and administer Sub-contract packages; with control of direct labour and plant costs.
* Put effective measures in place to establish the level of quality to be achieved on site
* Minimise waste of resource and material to ensure profitability on all schemes
* Strong construction Project Management background; with experience of managing high value projects
* Demonstrate a high level of skill at problem solving.
* Experienced at managing the process of Value Engineering
* High level of commercial awareness
* Extensive purchasing and negotiating skills.
* Awareness of the SMM.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a leading Building & Civil Engineering organisation; who pride themselves on their principles that are based on customer satisfaction and profitability; which include a team approach; openness and trust and only undertaking work they can do well.
To apply, please send your CV or call Anne Oxton on 01617071516. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 5 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.