Wigan, Greater Manchester
Negotiable dependant on experience
Sam Mabbott B.Soc Sci
3 months ago
6 Months +
Project Manager required for the North West based in Wigan.
* Simultaneously manage multiple medium risk and/or medium complexity projects (typically up to £1m per project), including both Canal & River Trust (CRT) major works (infrastructure improvement/non-routine maintenance) projects and third party funded projects. Ensure projects are completed within budget, to prescribed timescales and required quality whilst effectively managing safety, environment and heritage issues.
* Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with CRT strategy, commitments and goals.
* Undertake the role of contract administrator (delegated Project Manager under the NEC type contract) to ensure that the contract is efficiently and effectively managed to ensure CRT receive maximum value.
* Contribute to continuous improvement in project management processes and construction standards, quality, safety and value.
Day to day tasks include:
* Lead the planning and implementation of projects.
* Work with the project Sponsor to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
* Define project tasks and resource requirements.
* Develop full scale project plans.
* Assemble and coordinate project staff.
* Manage project budget.
* Manage project risk using defined risk management systems.
* Manage project resource allocation.
* Plan and schedule project timelines.
* Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
* Provide direction and support to project team.
* Quality assurance.
* Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
* Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
* Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
* Project evaluations and assessment of results.
* Degree (or equivalent) in a related discipline - essential
* Technician/Associate level (or equivalent) membership of an appropriate professional body e.g. ICE or APM - preferred
* Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management - essential
* Knowledge of project management techniques and tools - preferred
* NEC3 suite of contracts (in particular ECC, ECSC & TSC) training - preferred
* CRT Understanding CDM' Course (or evidence of similar external course) - essential
* Knowledge and understanding of CRT Health and Safety Management System (HSMS) or similar external systems - preferred
* Valid driving licence appropriate for vehicle to be driven - essential