18 days ago
6 Months Initially
The Project Manager is responsible for the management of the civil deliverables within the Glasgow Programme of capital projects. It is expected that these deliverables will be produced safely and without adverse impact to the environment, within authorised budget, to a high standard of quality and the required timescales.
* Responsible for the management of the civil deliverables at multiple electrical substation sites within Glasgow, throughout their full lifecycle from development through to final closeout
* Responsible to prepare CDM documents, write reports, review drawings, manage risks, produce files/manuals and respond to technical queries
* Ensure civil engineering designs and construction practices are in accordance with current legislation, policies and operational requirements
* Responsible for the delivery of outputs, incentive metrics and milestones in line with business targets. Effectively manage project risk and mitigate the impact of issues that may emerge
* Responsible for the correct management and administration of contracts
* Develop accurate capital expenditure forecasts and output projections on assigned projects, with full accountability for project, contractual and financial governance.
* Responsible for the creation, management and monitoring of project schedules in MS Project.
* Ensure system data and final records for all assets are entered into the corporate systems in line with required policy and associated timescales
* Drive continual improvement by completing project and contract reviews, identifying lessons learned and sharing these with the wider business. Make proposals and introduce changes for best project management practice and behaviour across the wider project portfolio.
Skills & Requirements
* We are looking for excellent candidates with project management skills and an ability to devise solutions to complex problems
* A proven track record of delivering civil engineering projects, preferable within the electricity / utility sectors
* Able to implement quality assurance processes as well as health, safety and environmental legislation applicable to construction projects particularly CDM
* Delivering projects to agreed quality standards and timescales
* Experience of contractor management
* Ability to review, dispute and agree variation orders
* Experience of financial management
* An understanding of high-voltage electrical safety - training and authorisation will be provided
* Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
* Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally