Wigan, Greater Manchester
£28.00 - £30.00 per hour + Negotiable dependant on experience
27 days ago
5 months +
Our client a charity helping millions of people feel happier and healthier by spending more time on and along our canals and rivers are currently looking for two Project Managers, for an initial 5-month contract, to be based out of their office in Wigan.
The purpose of the role is to manage the successful delivery of medium risk and/or medium complexity programmes/projects by applying processes, methods, knowledge, skills and experience to achieve the project objectives.
The successful candidate will have proven post qualification experience of successfully managing multiple medium complexity projects within the Civil, Heritage or Charity sectors.
Some experience of administration of NEC ECC form of contract, comprehensive knowledge of project management processes and systems and ideally some experience of SAP particularly in the Logistics, Accounting and Information System modules.
- Ability to manage stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and business applications software e.g. Excel, Word and other MS office applications.
- Proven ability to prepare and maintain schedules for activities and events for projects, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements.
- Proven ability to develop and agree budgets for projects and control forecast and actual costs against the budgets.
- Good standard of written and verbal communication including experience in making formal presentations in project management subjects
- Valid driving license appropriate to vehicle to be driven
- Manage projects in accordance with the Trust's Health and Safety policy and defined standards to ensure compliance.
- Capture project requirements, assess customer and stakeholder impact, and prepare a business case to justify investment in a project.
- Develop, implement and monitor a schedule of project activities and key milestones to achieve the project objectives.
- Plan and control forecasts and actual costs against the project budget.
- Assign, lead and motivate the project team to ensure all project (time, cost, quality, health and safety and environmental and heritage) objectives are achieved.
- Develop and agree project budgets and control forecast and actual costs against the budgets.
- Manage risks, issues and changes on the project.
- Maintain communications with stakeholders and the project team/organisation to satisfy their differing needs.
- Administer all aspects of the contract (e.g. NEC ECC), if applicable to delivery of the project, to ensure compliance.
- Handover and closure of the project in a controlled manner highlighting any areas for improvements or elements of good practice to be considered in future projects.
- Work safely ensuring the safety of others and contribute to safe working in all activities
- Degree (or equivalent) in a related discipline e.g. Civil Engineering, Project Management - Essential
- Project/Programme Management accreditation/qualification i.e. APM Project Management Qualification, Managing Successful Programmes (MSP), Prince2 - Desirable
- Technician/Associate level (or equivalent) membership of an appropriate professional body i.e. Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), Association for Project Management (APM), Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) - Desirable