3 months ago
Project Managers - Business Change with previous experience of delivery of IT projects within the defence industry required to work on a project plan for GDPR, this has already begun but more resource is required. Activities the PM will be involved in will include creating a detailed work stream plan, resource identification, estimating and planning the rest of the project for GDPR for the whole group and identification of key deliverables and the delivery of the project.
This is predominantly an internally facing role, where the Project Manager will take the lead on GDPR related projects and manage this through the full lifecycle.
Key Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
Planning, Execution & Delivery
- Produce compelling business cases and Project Initiation Documentation
- Develop appropriate project estimates and plans to execute the project from start to finish
- Update project plans using a range of intelligence including meeting outputs, management reports and workshops
- Ensure stakeholder requirements are captured accurately and completely
- Ensure deliverables are produced to the right standard, including the creation and maintenance of project documentation
- Co-ordinate day-to-day activities ensuring that the project is running on time and to budget
- Ensure the projects under your control are correctly resourced throughout the lifecycle
- Work with the PMO to ensure the project is set up to succeed and the correct governance and controls are in place
- Ensure projects are correctly closed down including completion of lessons learned, required documentation and controlled handover to the business
- Regular identification, management and reporting of project risk in accordance with the Group Risk Management Framework
- Monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress/quality, driving issue resolution
- Handle change requests in a controlled manner
- Monitor financial delivery, including the production and analysis of financial reports to identify opportunities and avoid overspend
- Set up Benefits Realisation Management measures and track progress against them
- Understand and communicate key internal and external assumptions and dependencies
- Identify and develop action plans to close gaps
- Report progress and deviations in accordance with standard reporting processes
Building & Leading Effective Project Teams
- Motivate and energise the project team
- Use problem-solving, critical thinking skills, and independent thinking to overcome challenges
- Adapt to cultural and organisational climates across global teams
- Optimise experiences and relationships with project team members through coaching and development
- Promote excellent communication between project resources and key stakeholders, and advocate the role of the PMO
Candidates should be competent in managing the six aspects of a project, i.e. scope, schedule, finance, risk, quality and resources. Expert planning and estimating skills are required as is experience of stakeholder identification and management.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.