Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + bonus/benefits
9 months ago
Our client design, manufacture and project manage bespoke engineering solutions for complex engineering problems in often hostile and uncompromising environments. They operate within a cutting edge, revolutionary environment and offer exciting careers where no two projects are the same.
The Project Manager is required to effectively and efficiently manage the delivery of allocated Projects within agreed budgets, on programme and to the customer's satisfaction.
* Rigorously applying the Project Department procedures
* Determining overall requirements in terms of project strategy, scope, budget, time, resource and technical content
* Establishing and maintaining accurate cost control techniques for direct comparison to allocated budgets.
* Establishing and maintaining accurate progress control techniques for direct comparison to programme requirements.
* Using established techniques for identifying potential project risks and applying corresponding risk mitigation measures.
* Working within and maintaining records for all work to satisfy company standards and procedures and national quality and legal requirements.
* Ensuring that the change control system is rigorously applied.
* Applying commercial awareness expertise to support customer scope discussion including potential claims to customer.
* Understanding the nature of contract variations and negotiating variation implications through to a satisfactory conclusion.
* Influencing customers to source and support business winning opportunities.
* Co-ordinating project management activities via effective management of the respective team members.
* Complying with all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and company standards.
* 3 years experience in managing complex multi-disciplinary engineering projects of up to £2m within Nuclear, petrochemical, transport, aerospace or similar industries
* Fully aware of the project lifecycle
* General understanding of project management aspects, principles and processes
* Sound IT skills, particularly project reporting and writing skills
* Good spoken and written English is essential
* Comfortable managing a team
* MS Office Conversant
* Associate or higher Membership of the APM
* APM Introductory Certificate or APMP Qualification
* Graduate level Degree in an engineering or equivalent degree
- Applicants should have 5 or more years' experience within specialist engineering companies for the Nuclear, petrochemical, transport etc. If you have worked within any environment requiring bespoke or special purpose machinery, you will also be of interest.
Interested? Please send your CV or call 01617071516