5 months ago
Morson International are currently working with a key client in the Nuclear Sector who has a requirement for a Project Manager. This is 12 month contract position and based at our client's site operations in Berkshire. An excellent hourly rate is on offer to a suitably qualified and experienced candidate.
To provide project management governance and control skills within the framework of an approved management system to deliver projects of medium to low complexity and risk to cost, on time and QEH&S targets, maintaining gross margins and achieving customer satisfaction through the deployment of project teams and effective team working.
- Establishment of a vision and proactive management to positively direct a team in the achievement of common goals
- Provides leadership, management and governance to ensure the project meets specified requirements
- Working with commercial representatives ensuring that all component projects and work packages satisfy all businesses commercial requirements
- To support and promote the principles, processes and culture that underpin company accreditation for IAMM and ISO 9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of all team members and ensuring compliance with legislative requirements
- Actively promote environmental awareness/considerations and sustainability through the project delivery cycle
- Manages the development of a project risks and opportunities plan and instigates mitigation measures or other appropriate actions
- Supports negotiations and the raising of project funding internally compliant with Company sanction processes and the application of effective financial management thereafter
- Ensure all project documentation is maintained to the required standards within the management system
- Provides governance to ensure that the organisations projects are aligned with the company objectives, processes and procedures
- Through stakeholder analysis effectively identifies stakeholders, their potential impact on successful delivery and proactively works to prevent adverse impacts on delivery through management of their expectations
- Delivery of a project within a contractual framework operating with processes to ensure legal and contractual compliance in conjunction with the responsible Commercial Manager
- Assist the Business Manager, Programme Manager, Senior Project Manager in discharging his or her strategic and capability development responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree level qualification preferred, minimum level HND or HNC in an Engineering Discipline * Chartered Engineer with a recognised Engineering Institution preferred
- Association of Project Management (APM) Full member or equivalent; Project Management Institute (PMI); qualification APMP or Certified Associate in Project Management
- Member of the Institute of Management or equivalent
- ISOH Managing Safely; higher safety qualifications for site based work CITB Site Management Safety Training or NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Environmental Training preferred; Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) Foundation Course or Associate Certificate or NEBOSH Environmental certificate
- If no prior experience in the Nuclear Industry - Completion of a Nuclear Awareness Course; Typically NSAN Nuclear Awareness Foundation Level or higher or in house training if no prior experience in the Nuclear Industry
- Minimum 5 years project management experience including 2 years as an Assistant Project Manager (i.e. Project Engineer).
- Leadership and Management experience gained as an Assistant Project Manager (APM) on medium to low complexity and risk projects.
- Able to demonstrate management experience across the complete project lifecycle or significant phases
- Engineering background in an appropriate sector, process engineering, oil & gas or civil engineering; nuclear preferable.
- Commercial experience in the application of various forms of supply contracts (e.g. NEC).