Worthing, West Sussex
5 months ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager to join a leading manufacturer who provide into the defence and aerospace sectors.
Within this role, the Project Manager is responsible for the coordination, control, customer interface, monitoring, reporting an overall management of any number of contracts to achieve customer requirements in a timely manner and ensuring profitable returns. Time management and communication are the key responsibilities to achieving success.
Duties and responsibilities
- Effectively liaise with Customers (internal and external) at the inception of an enquiry and determine the technical and commercial requirements.
- Review and check estimates and provide appropriate feedback to ensure they are commercially competitive and provide a win-win situation.
- Comply with the Project Gateway process and milestones
- Maintain notes and records during the execution of your projects to support lessons learned opportunities.
- Liaise and provide support to the Customer throughout the life of the project.
- Capture and communicate the necessary information to enable Engineering to undertake conceptual and detail design activity.
- Identify the project requirements and agree with the Customer that they are understood correctly.
- Execute all projects under your control with due consideration for risk mitigation and fallback positions.
- Produce schedule using MS Project for all projects under your control, to communicate target dates and milestones for successful delivery.
- Agree spend on your projects by countersigning requisitions.
- Create resource and spend profiles, against which budgets for all projects under your control will be monitored.
Experience of working in a similar role, project managing the life cycle of a highly complex product is essential. While experience of working with composite materials would be highly advantageous.
For more details, please contact Louise at Morson on 0117 9334595