Up to £50.00 per hour
8 months ago
Job Description Project Manager
Since 1st April 2018, a new Alliance construct has had responsibility for the delivery of the Dreadnought submarine programme. This Alliance was formed between the Ministry of Defence's Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA), BAE Systems (BAES) and Rolls-Royce (RR). This innovative approach meets commitments set out in the 2015 Strategic Defence and Security Review to harness effective working relationships with industrial partners to improve performance.
The Dreadnought submarine programme is one of the largest, most complex programmes which is currently being undertaken in the UK. From a career perspective, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to bring your experience to bear in an environment where you can make a real difference.
If this sounds like the type of role that will challenge you and you have the hunger to shape the future of Project Controls we would love to hear from you.
* Lead and manage the production of various Project/Programme reports and accountable for robust metrics and management reports
* Provide support, expertise and advice on data analysis and forecasting to Senior Management.
* Provide expertise in project planning, monitoring and control tools, techniques and procedures to Programme teams.
* Lead improvement initiatives within the organisation in particular assist in establishing a robust project control culture within the programme.
* Lead on System/Process development and creation, distribution and analysis of ad hoc reports.
* Accountable for analysis and reporting on cost and schedule performance and support completion of arising actions. Ensure integrity of overall Project data.
* Ensure general adherence for all Project Controls processes.
* Accountable for production of Programme Information, analysing, identifying and communicating areas for continuous improvement.
* Previous experience as a in a senior level Project Controls role on large scale complex projects
* Experience in influencing a diverse range of stakeholders at various levels is required, preferably within a complex multi-disciplinary organisation.
* A proven track record in the Project Management profession, within the Project Controls environment, is required.
* Degree / HNC / HND / Certificate in Project Management or equivalent level of qualification or demonstrable experience
* Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft packages
* LCM Awareness
* Proficient user of EVM Tools and Techniques
From role profile
What were looking for in you:
We are looking for experienced Project Controls professionals with extensive experience in complex, multi-disciplinary project environment. You will show an aptitude in the project controls field, demonstrating an ability to implement improvements, excellent stakeholder management and leadership skills are essential to excel in this role.