Up to £22.00 per hour
Vital Bristol Technology
7 months ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services. They are currently looking for a Project Manager to start ASAP until the end of year.
To deliver multiple faceted Building & Fabric / HVAC / M&E Projects to a high standard within allocated budgets and defined programmes.
- To optimise the efficiency of a group of workmen, by organizing, coordinating, controlling and managing activities at the site in accordance with the contractual requirements and scope of works.
- Responsible for efficiently and economically implementing the assigned tasks from commencement to completion in full compliance to applicable standards and specifications, within the given time frame, including monitoring and regular reporting of the overall progress.
- Ensure effective man power management and use of all other resources such as materials, tools, equipment, proactively report shortage of these resources.
- Ensure correct estimate of costs, for works to be executed on all jobs, in order to eliminate any chance of losses and to promote revenue earning.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of quotations.
- Coordinate with the concerned operatives / contractors to prepare the estimates and submit relevant quotations.
- To monitor closely, coach and mentor the ability, efficiency and tact of each tradesmen and review accordingly using Personal Performance Plans.
- Report to the Account Manager on the overall project / staff activities on a regular basis and communicate challenges to execute the job effectively.
- To ensure complete management of both in-house teams and subcontractors.
- Methodically follow up assigned work orders, update and close upon completion of job.
- Ensure that labour hours are recorded and booked on daily basis and reference expenditure to allowances within the tender or quotation.
- Arrange for site inspection from time to time to ensure standard of work and completion schedule.
- Ensure that the client or end user endorses, by way of signature on work order form, approval of job undertaken.
- Check the specifications of the material for proper usage of the suitable material for each job.
- Coordinate with other teams ensuring satisfactory completion of all work requests and tasks of multi trades.
- Guidance, mentoring and development of all direct reports.
- Keep developing and maintain relationships with all clients and potential new customers.
- Adherence to all current company procedures and the IMS system.
- Ensure that Periodic Progress Reports are submitted as required by the Account Manager
- Preparation of programmes, method statements and risk assessments.
- Based upon current and projected project activity as identified in the annual business plan, develop an in house cost effective and multi skilled team of operatives appropriately to the needs of the project business.
- Knowledgeable and up to date in matters relating to Health and Safety and statutory requirements including CDM Regulations and ensure compliance at all times.
- Take responsibility for the successful project completion and formal handover in accordance with defined requirements outlined by the client or nominated client representatives.
Proven and extensive experience within a similar role managing projects ranging in value from £5K to £500K
- Technical expertise, qualifications such as a Diploma Certificate and apprenticeship in a craft skill or engineering discipline would be an important pre-requisite of the role
- Proven operational experience in Project Management
- Demonstrable skills in dealing and working closely with internal and external customers and suppliers on complex and interrelated issues on an ongoing basis
- To be self-motivated and to be able to motivate others, to be reliable and to be able to act with responsibility
- IT skills required with specific reference to the Microsoft suite of packages including Microsoft Project
- Hold sufficient Health and Safety (CDM) experience that allows the effective running of projects
- Experience in assisting with quantity surveying, estimations and quotations
- Overall and general knowledge of electrical and mechanical works
- First Aid at Work trained would be an advantage
- SMSTS qualification is also desirable.
- Hold a valid and clean driving license
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.