A Project Manager with defence engineering experience is required on an initial 12 month hybrid working contract basis to provide project management support and expertise to enable the delivery of the submarine maintenance planning application.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning of the Project Schedule with DS SMEs and internal and Customer Stakeholders.
• Management and delivery of Work Packages to time, quality and budget.
• Work with delivery teams and stakeholders to ensure timely design, delivery, test and release of the application.
• Progress reporting to the Project Board.
• Ongoing maintenance of the Project Schedule.
• Maintain the Project Logs.
• Work with key internal and external stakeholders to manage dependencies.
• Identify and mitigate potential risks and manage issues that threaten the project.
• Resource management in collaboration with internal suppliers.
• Monitor and report on resource usage and cost to complete.
• Operate as a full member of the team supporting the Team Manager and other team members as directed.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience of working with the Ministry of Defence is desirable.
• Experience of Software Development Project Management would be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Project Server and Microsoft Project Web App.
• Competent in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Familiar with Microsoft SharePoint.
• An excellent communicator at all levels, both written and verbal. The individual will build and sustain effective and lasting relationships with the Customerr and internal stakeholders across the business.
• An effective problem solver – being able to balance theoretical assessments with pragmatic solutions.
• Be a self-starter who is able to get up to speed quickly with little direction and manage their own work.
• Maintains a culture of open disclosure of issues and opportunities and therefore enable learning from experience identification and sharing.
• Be a proactive, enthusiastic and forward-thinking individual.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.