South East England, England
4 months ago
Job Title Project Manager
Reports To: Operation Director
Function Project Delivery
Pay Band TBC
Job Purpose: Expected Outcomes
* Lead, plan, manage and deliver projects to time, within budget and to specification
* Build and maintain project teams to facilitate successful project delivery
* Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with clients and sponsors to enable business growth
Roles and Responsibilities : How the Expected Outcomes are Achieved
To facilitate the delivery of successful projects, to time, within projects and to specification you will need to:
* Review all pre-construction information and liaise with the Client and other technical specialists to understand the specifications and other deliverable requirements of the project.
* Develop a project implementation plan, that includes, timescale deliverables, project resource requirements and project costs.
* Implement the requirements of the Clients Construction Phase Plan on site and develop core project documentation, e.g Work Package Plans, Task Briefing Sheets and Safe Systems of Work Packs, as required, to enable the safe and efficient delivery of projects.
* Create and maintain a project file for each project and retain all project documentation in accordance with our Document Control procedure.
* Co-ordinate all construction activity with the Client, contractors and sub-contractors to minimise risks that could jeopardise the successful delivery of the project.
* Lead and undertake Project Review Meetings as necessary to keep all parties informed of: progress against delivery plan, identification of project variance and any changes to project scope.
* Amend the project delivery plan to take into account changes to project scope and project variance.
* Provide the Client with a completed Health and Safety file as part of project handback.
* Receive a certificate of completion from the Client following project handback
* Report and undertake investigations to any accident or incident that has occurred on your project, keeping all interested parties updated on the details of the event and any actions arising from it.
* Lead and manage your team, by undertaking performance reviews and by ensuring that each member of the team understands their roles and responsibilities on the project.
* Update and complete Key Performance Indicator requirements,
Other Post Dimensions
* Does the post have authority to spend?
(If yes, what is the limit of this spend) Yes - £5,000
* The contractual hours for this post are: 45
* Does the post require you to work shifts? No
* Is out of hours attendance required? Occasionally
* Is the post on-call? As Required
* How many staff does it manage? TBC
* Does the post undertake safety critical work? No
* Does the post require track safety competence? Yes
As an Group leader, you are expected to be professional at all times and role model leadership behaviours. These behaviours reflect how you lead and manage people, drive performance improvements and deliver quality. Your performance will not only be assessed on your ability to meet your personal objectives, but also on the demonstration of required behaviours:
* Strategic Thinking: (1) Creating innovative ideas (2) Building strategic awareness
* Leading People: (1) Developing people (2) Fostering collaboration
* Inspiring Performance: (1) Effective communication (2) Developing relationships
* Driving Customer Value: (1) Improving performance (2) Identification of efficiencies
Essential Requirements for the Role
* 5+ years railway experience
* Electrical Engineering Qualification
* Experience in delivering projects, ideally within the rail industry
* Strong organisational and management skills
* Detailed knowledge of HSQE legislation in respect of project delivery.
* Professional Project Management Qualification (AMP, Prince2, PMI Practitioner Level)
* Driving Licence
* Good command of English
Desirable Requirements for the Role
* Level C
* HV Competence
* Site Managers Safety Training Scheme or IOSH Managing Safety Qualification
* Delivering projects within the rail industry
* Understanding P&L accounts