East Riding of Yorkshire, England
Up to £500 per day
Vital Bristol Technology
11 months ago
Our client are one of the world's leading project development and construction groups and they are looking for a project manager to cover until the 23rd November.
PURPOSE: Liaise with the Project Director and associated specialists/management on site and lead on tunnelling operations. Support the site management teams in the optimal delivery of the project by providing advice and leadership on all including Health & Safety, Quality, and Environmental performance together with compliance and programme compliance with the scheme programme objectives. Provide expertise of tunnelling and leadership within the project team to support the delivery of the project.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Establish suitably sized, skilled and competent teams to deliver parcel
- Manage Operational resource in an effective manner to ensure Projects completed to programme, budget and within required SHEQ standards.
- Deliver time, cost and quality performance in accordance with targets, process and procedures
- To liaise with Clients and internal management to ensure compliance with Standards, DSR, Policy & Procedures and Industry Regulations and Legislation.
- Close liaison and continuous communication with other Managers within the Business to ensure efficient operations and best utilisation of all resources in order to meet estimated outputs, deliver to programme, within budget to achieve correct financial return.
- Manage supervise and mentor section, site and assistant engineers to ensure high levels of awareness of engineering principles - particularly with tunnelling.
- Build effective relationships with senior members of the supply chain and client teams
- Adopt a proactive approach on the project to identify best practice, implement improvements, gather and feedback knowledge and inform the team on "what good looks like"
- Compliance with CDM Regulations and duties of Principal Contractor role, ensuring adherence to Client H&S Plans, development of Construction Phase H&S Plans, compilation of Project Specific Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), delivery of Site Safety Toolbox Talks and completion of regular Site Safety Inspections and Audits.
- Responsible for Project delivery, productivity and overall commercial performance to achieve correct financial return.
- Ensuring any Engineering or Operational non-conformance is dealt with in conjunction with HR and SHEQ Departments.
- Support, mentor and coach members within the team to ensure effective career development.
Engage fully with enabling functions to ensure all programme wide targets (SEE, Community, Legacy, remain a key focus)
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
Start Date: 13/08/18
End Date: 23/11/18
Pay Rate: £500.00 per day limited
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.