£68.03 ph - Inside IR35
Typically leads and manages the delivery of medium to large projects with medium - high business impact.
Provides effective leadership to the delivery team and suppliers can take appropriate action to address issues.
- Works with suppliers to define and manage project plans which will achieve the project goals and consequent business outcomes.
- Provides timely and concise decision making information to business stakeholders through formal and informal communication and reporting channels and including project boards.
- Ensures project delivery adheres to LCM (Life Cycle Management) governance and assurance criteria.
- Identifies and proactively manages project level risks, issues, opportunities, dependencies and constraints.
- Effectively manages business change as part of the overall project delivery
- Manages project costs and resources against agreed budgets, taking appropriate action for any overspends and providing accurate forecasts to project completion
- Manage the delivery of the project to time cost and schedule in accordance with business success criteria and customer satisfaction.
- Identifies and captures lessons learned as part of project closure.
- Ensures Business benefits are tracked and delivered where applicable as part of project delivery.
- Ensures all project control systems have up to date high quality data relating to the project
- Collaborates with PMO on knowledge transfer, lessons learned and simplification of project management processes, as appropriate, and as part of ongoing continuous improvement.
- Participate in activities and function wide initiatives as a member of the EITS P and T Delivery Management function.
The typical knowledge, skills and qualification required for this role include:
- Proven experience of successfully delivering projects of size (£500k plus) and some complexity
- Proficient understanding of project lifecycle management.
- Experience of working within an environment with mature and established governance practices and processes.
- Proven experience of both waterfall and agile project delivery methodologies
- Experience of successfully managing 3rd parties as part of delivery.
- Can demonstrate a track record of delivering business outcomes as part of project delivery.
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills. Able to persuade and influence internal & external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to build positive relationships and successful project teams.
- Can demonstrate experience of collaboration and cross functional working.
- Confidence to challenge the status quo through bold behaviours.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders to drive successful delivery.
- Educated to degree level preferably in related discipline
- Competent user of Project Management tools including MS Project as well as MS Office suite
- Formal Project Management training, preferably PRINCE2 Practitioner or APM (PMDY).
- Preference for ITIL.