Greater Manchester, England
£37589 - £43853 per annum
Rail Technical Team
7 months ago
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join their organisation on a permanent basis. This role will be to specifically work on the Northern Powerhouse Rail team.
Manage the development and delivery of designated rail related programme
and projects to time, budget and quality standards in compliance within agreed
project management standards and procedures.
You will be expected to deliver your scope of work in line with budgetary,
compliance, regulatory and planning controls.
Data collection and analysis
Risk Management and Complaince
* Under the direction of the Senior Project Manager
- pro-actively support programme management of
the Northern Powerhouse Rail (NPR) programme,
projects and workstreams to time and budget.
* Ensure compliance with all agreed procedures and
compliance with all procurement, standing orders,
financial regulations, relevant legislation and other
* Actively contribute to the development of the PMS
function and organisational procedures.
* Lead on the delivery of the intended deliverables,
timelines and outcomes of identified for all project
and workstreams assigned.
* Support the management of project working groups and/or sub-groups to deliver agreed NPR objectives, whilst reviewing and confirming compliance with appropriate TfN governance, standards and procedures.
* Develop and undertake all necessary reporting requirements aligned to agreed programme management procedures to ensure projects and programme meet agreed Programme Plans.
* Take responsibility for setting task briefs with key deliverables, monitoring progress and taking appropriate action to ensure performance against defined time, cost and quality criteria.
* Develop and manage the project and programme working groups and/or sub-groups, monitoring adequate resources available to deliver at all times.
* Establish and lead effective working arrangements with multiple internal and external stakeholders to provide guidance on the development of projects and programmes.
* Establish and deliver mechanisms to engage directly on a regular basis with key programme stakeholders including the DfT, Network Rail and HS2 Ltd to ensure alignment on project deliverables and timelines.
* Undertake public consultation and liaison on projects / programmes as necessary.