Our leading defence client are looking for a Project Manager to join Business & Project Management (B&PM) which is responsible for the Project Management activities defining, planning, directing and delivering projects within the relevant area, against targets through rigorous cost control, schedule adherence and the management of international stakeholder interfaces.
This will be a mix of remote and on site working, you will need to go to site to collect IT and for inductions on the first day.
Within the Equipment Teams and Centres of Excellence the focus is on supporting the delivery of sub-system equipment development within the business on time and on cost by:
* Providing Project Management excellence within the multi-disciplined engineering teams
* Coordinating the necessary Project Management activities within a monthly cycle
* Analysing the data coming out of plan updates and changes, providing guidance on actions to maintain and improve schedule and cost adherence.
* Managing the compilation and approval of development Cost Brochures during the bidding phase for new work
* Having the ability to influence others outside of direct line management reporting
* Effective interfacing and reporting with stakeholders across all levels and international boundaries where necessary
* Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with greater than two years' experience of working in a Project Management environment - ideally associated with Product Development in the defence sector
* Experience in bidding and customer negotiations
* Relevant experience of project management tools and practices
* A problem solver with good verbal, written and presentational skills
* Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.