about 1 year ago
My client, a world leading engineering business, currently has a requirement for a Project Manager. Within this role and working a multi-disciplined team, you will be responsible for the lifecycle of a number of high value/low volume projects taking the product from design, manufacture, installation through to delivery.
* Reporting and generation of project plans ensuring its alignment with project scope and objectives, and ensuring management and team buy-in to the plan.
* Identification of key resources required to support delivery, and working with the relevant departments to help secure the release of that resource through the escalation matrix if necessary
* Managing the customer relationship, supporting customer meetings, and being seen as the 'go-to' person for the customer in the event of escalations or issues
* Full awareness of commercial terms and conditions under which the projects are being delivered
* All aspects of project governance, ensuring kick off meetings and regular 'working level' meetings are held and minutes taken as required
* Identifying and grading project risks via the company risk register, and recommending mitigating actions as appropriate. Escalation to senior management/Board in the event of a risk materialising.
* Ensuring any change in scope is captured, and project value amended accordingly via the change control process.
What we are looking for from you
The ideal candidate will have previous Project Management experience with a mechanical bias and have worked within a highly regulated engineering environment. Experience in mechanical installations in desirable however not essential.
You will have experience of working to gateway processes and minimise company risk.
In return, a competitive salary and benefits package is on offer.