Up to £0.00 per annum
20 days ago
12 months +
Our client Scottish Power are seeking a Project Manager for an ongoing contract role based in Prenton.
Aside from the following Job-Spec candidates must be proficient in the use of SAP Software to be considered for this role and ideally have DNO/132KV Substation experience.
Project manage construction and capital investment projects within the licence area, safely and to a high-quality standard. Deliver output to programme and maximise capital efficiency against allowance, with strict adherence to the appropriate regulatory and License obligations.
* Effectively manage major projects to time and to budget
* To ensure projects are effectively updated and maintained on all required corporate systems including SAP
* When faced with a problem or opportunity, identify alternative actions assessing potential consequences beyond the immediate future
* Shows appreciation for, and considers creative proposals from others, even when there are negative consequences, and promotes an attitude of constructive criticism in the working environment
* Facilitates change and adapts an action strategy according to the changes in the environment
* Goes beyond customer expectations, taking specific actions to add value to the original request
* Be able to adapt communication style depending on the audience and the situation, adjusting the approach based on the requirements of the audience
* Successfully manage discussion and interaction between the project teams and support departments
* Promote preferred outcome and resolution effectively and positively
* Frequently provides constructive feedback with specific examples and suggestions for development
Skills & Requirements
* Project management methodology experience/qualification
* Project risk management and control
* Procurement processes
* Contract management e.g. FIDIC, NEC, D&C, Frameworks
* Experienced SAP user/knowledge
* Financial control/forecasting
* Understanding of and able to implement quality assurance processes
* Health, safety and environmental legislation applicable to construction projects particularly CDM
* Excellent negotiation skills
To be successful in a role you will need to demonstrate as a minimum:
* Significant experience in project management (construction)
* Degree in relevant Engineering Discipline or equivalent experience
* UK Based Driving Licence
Ideally have experience within the Power / Renewables / Utilties sector and have successfully Project Managed Construction and Capital Managment projects within sector.