Argyll & Bute, Scotland
£30.00 - £32.55 per hour
17 days ago
This exciting and diverse role is required to support the client in managing and delivering its strategic project portfolio on HMB Clyde.
We require an individual to join our Project team who has the experience and passion to motivate teams and deliver specific project objectives.
The Project Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the project and has proven experience of:
* Scope and Schedule Management
* Risk and Issue Management
* Finance and cost control management
* Resource and people management
* Benefits Management
The Project Manager (PM) needs to be confident dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders and also needs to adapt their style of management and leadership to each situation.
The PM will behave in a spirit of mutual trust and cooperation as defined in NEC 3. The PM will be required to act impartially in matters of assessment and certification And, not be unfair to the contractor or dishonest.
The post-holder will have the personal and professional experience to build and manage meaningful and supportive relationships across the team in order to deliver successful projects.
Experience of facilitating workshops and meetings is a pre-requisite for this role.
The Project Manager is to deliver on-going project, to the specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance. The roles also involve working closely with the Civils and Structural Department, Engineers and Surveyors to ensure that the project is completed in a safe manner, whilst ensuring customer requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded.
* Deliver the project from Design Phase to Completion, including all handover documentation.
* Review progress, budget resources and forward planning.
* Review work packages and ensure scope of work is clearly defined and understood.
* Chair weekly site meetings and ensure the production of accurate records of any discussions and actions.
* Co-ordinate and manage site investigations during the ongoing stage 5 Build and Commission process.
* Develop Engineering solutions in order that a buildable cost-effective solution is delivered that fulfils the client's requirements.
* Ensure that detailed Site Diaries/Project Log/Records are completed.
* Maintain Commercial tension to drive out cost and challenge the status quo.
* Produce Monthly reports to Project Director on performance.
* Prepare comprehensive estimates for additional work outside target costs.
Clearly and thoroughly identify the scope of the project deliverables by:
* Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels within the organisation, to define and achieve mutual understanding of the scope.
* Listen for, uncover, and resolve misunderstandings or disagreements about the scope.
* Ensure all project resources understand the scope.
Key performance measures:
* Delivery and maintenance of project scoping documents to support the project outcomes.
* Timely briefings to internal and external stakeholders.
* Working with others to establish dependencies and ensure these are actively managed throughout the project lifecycle.
Work with the team to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfil the scope:
* Understand what constitutes an end-to-end, thorough cross-functional schedule for the project and involve stakeholders as appropriate to create a valid plan be able to discuss risk areas and convey impacts to scope or costs if a shorter schedule is demanded.
* Plan the project in sufficient detail to ensure integration of all activities and understanding of critical paths and key milestones.
* Ensure non-people resources are identified (e.g. tools, logistical costs, legal fees) so that the project budget will be accurate and remain affordable.
Key performance measures:
* Delivery and maintenance of a high-level plan showing key activities, dependencies, and stage / phase gates mapped to scheduled timelines.
* Delivery and maintenance of an approved project plan, showing critical path, key milestones, phase reviews and dependencies for the full project lifecycle. The plan
* Professional qualification in project management, such as APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) or another recognised qualification (e.g. Prince2 or PMP) - Essential
* NEC3: ECC Project Manager Accreditation - Essential