about 1 month ago
Project Manager, Permanent , Bristol
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager who will demonstrate the strongest direction and leadership of all activities associated with the full life cycle delivery of the major contracts assigned. Reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager you will be accountable for ensuring delivery of all engineering, procurement, qualification, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and handover activities for the life cycle of the contract or work package in accordance with the overall Project schedule.
Key fundamentals around these roles include:
- Management of design (in France or UK), procurement, qualification, manufacturing, testing, commercial and construction resources of between 10 and 50 staff.
- Manage major equipment contracts, with a value of £20-200m, the contracts are technically complex, typically in the electrical and mechanical engineering fields.
- The incumbent would be responsible for leading a Multiple-Disciplinary Team (MDT) comprising Technical, Project Controls, Quality, Site and the Supplier resources.
- Regular interaction with the Responsible Designer in France and the UK and with Site team(s) will be necessary as part of operating in a matrix management structure.
You will demonstrate success in managing/developing:
- Control of costs, risk, schedule and change and proficient in the use of Earned Value tools.
- Engineering design, contract and field execution strategies for project delivery.
- Close out of commercial claims and the associated negotiations
- Procurement and management of complex contracts.
- Management of a global supply chain.
- The successful candidate will have a track record of delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally within the Nuclear Energy sector or similar regulated environment. Working knowledge of the French language would also be an advantage. It is essential that you will have a track record of delivering on large £20-200m projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally within the Nuclear Energy sector or similar regulated environment.
- Degree and chartered status in an engineering, construction, physics or other related field.
- Knowledge and / or practitioner of Project Management with experience of applying either APM body of knowledge and OGCs Prince 2.
- Experience of successfully engaging groups of stakeholders, can demonstrate experience of managing project through the project lifecycle from concept to handover.
- Experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout large and complex construction projects, in a regulated environment. Including NEC and/or FIDIC contracts.
- Able to demonstrate strong management skills including project management, financial management, change management and facilitation. Proficient in the use of estimating scheduling, programming and risk tools.
- Experience of Auxiliary power system would be an advantage