Leeds, West Yorkshire
£350 - £450 per day
5 months ago
Our client is a large Engineering Consultancy who are actively seeking Project Managers for their new commissioned project for a market leading telecoms and internet service provider.
As a Project Manager you will ensure the programme is delivered in line with the plan, budget and standards (engineering, quality, safety) required.
Duties are to include;
Build Phase Management:
- Proactive review of Build Phase activities and performance to required schedule
- Driving proactive resolution of build phase risks and issues - working with BP and project level resource from relevant CAs to remove issues
- Collaborative working with Planner and Change Control resources to manage and
- communicate changes to project schedules
- Ensure proposals to improve programme performance are reviewed, accepted and implemented when necessary
E2E Schedule oversight:
- Proactive review of key project inputs and dates prior to build phase to help drive end-to-end schedule performance
- Review schedule issues with end to end owners to drive schedule adherence, escalating where inputs falling behind schedule if required
Reporting and Governance:
- Review and approval of relevant project and programme reports
- Support Reporting and Risk resources to proactively identify, manage and communicate any delivery issues through internal governance arrangements.
- Attend and contribute to relevant governance meetings to support in a common understanding of programme performance.
Health Safety and Quality:
- To work collaboratively with the HSQ Manager resources to drive Build Partner HSQ performance
- Undertake site visit (expected 1 per week) to provide oversight on HSQ, and working with HSQ Manager to agree relevant focus of review
- Establish strong working relationships with Build Partner supervisors to support the Build Partner in delivery to required standards
- Knowledge Sharing
- Share best practice across fellow Delivery Managers and other resources to support a continuous improvement culture
The right candidate will have;
- Proven experience in Project Management of small value high-turnover projects
- Experience within civil engineering, utilities or power projects.
- Hold, or be working towards, a recognised project management qualification (e.g. APM, PRINCE2)
- Track record of collaborating with Client, Customer and Contractor resources to achieve results
- Experience of operating and delivering within a constrained schedule and budget
- Evidence of ability to influence and resolve conflicts
- Able to analyse and interpret schedule and delivery performance data or narrative and when data is incomplete, use judgement
- Understanding of NEC and SLG, NRSWA requirements to allow execution of oversight
- Ability and experience of driving proactive resolution of build phase issues
- Experience and working style that supports collaborative working
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills with evidence of this with clients, contractors and colleagues.
- Experience of Project Management role in the telecoms or utilities sectors
- Valid, clean UK driving licence
For more information on this role, please contact Scarlet Wilson on 01617071516.