Up to £0.00 per annum
20 days ago
1 POST PROFILE
Role Set and Spot Point
Leadership Set, SP 46
Purpose of Role
This position provides leadership in the functional area of Project Management and is primarily engaged in management activities that establish the direction of a project. The position requires the application of knowledge gained from experience and expertise to the job duties and responsibilities. The position will make decisions in areas that may impact budgets, policies, procedures, work practices, or compliance programs.
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below with the overall objective of establishing an execution framework on the project that complies with the contract and ensures the safety, quality, value and timeliness, of the completed project. This position performs project management responsibilities on a small to medium sized project or services project or on an assigned segment of a larger project. When assigned to only a segment of a larger project, this role develops a complete understanding of the contract and any relevant subcontracts in order to provide full support to the project management team.
* Establishing a vision and proactive management to positively align a team in the achievement of common project goals and overall organisational objectives.
* Overall responsibility for ensuring the safe delivery of a project to time, cost and quality targets ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory process requirements with responsibility for leading the project to a successful conclusion.
* Provides leadership, management and governance to ensure the project meets specified stakeholder requirements and promote the principles as set out in Project Management Process and Procedures.
* Ensuring that projects and work packages meet the business commercial requirements
* Customer and stakeholder management externally and internally, consistent with the overall strategy of the business and delivery of programmes and projects.
* Defines project delivery baselines and operates project control processes (requirements capture, planning, cost, risk, trend analysis and change control).
* Resource and manage a multi-disciplinary project team using with active interfaces to secure specialist resources (safety, environmental, design etc.) as required.
* Ensure all project documentation is maintained to the required standards within the management system.
* Manages the development of a project risks and opportunities plan and instigates mitigation measures or other appropriate actions.
* Consider options for value engineering as well as the potential for changes to the scope/schedule/forecast costings.
* Provision of required project performance data (e.g. critical path analysis, float erosion, milestones, CPI, SPI and EVA ) to the Senior Project Manager or Programme Management team on a monthly basis.
* Lead CDM activities for the project in accordance with the project Health, Safety and Environment Management process.
* Manage interfaces with other projects as appropriate.
* To develop strategic knowledge of project and programme lessons learned and "best practice techniques". Lead their application to maximise effectiveness of Company project delivery.
* Actively and effectively communicate with management teams, co-workers, clients, contractors and other stakeholders
* Motivate and manage team performance. Carry out staff appraisals and manage staff related issues in line with Company HR policy, process and procedures
* Identify development opportunities and training for direct reports and team members
* Take responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of all team members in line with legislative requirements. Demonstrate and encourage a safety first working culture
* Actively promote environmental awareness/considerations and sustainability through the project delivery cycle
* Assist the Business Manager, Programme Manager, Senior Project Manager in discharging his or her strategic and capability development responsibilities.
* Deputise for the Senior Project Manager as required
* Other duties as assigned
The post holder will be required to complete training as defined in Common Training Profiles, supplemented by Site Specific Training Profiles when required.