£45 - £55 per hour
7 months ago
Project Manager based at RAF Wyton for an initial 6 Month contract
The successful candidate must have SC Clearance and worked on DIO projects
The key functions are:
- Project management
- Requirements development
- Stakeholder engagement
- Business case writing
- Approvals Management
- Leadership and Management of Project Delivery 5%
- Manage individuals to contribute to business outputs
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to the DIO Guiding Principles
- Develop team members and assist line managers in delivering departmental goals
- Ensure local compliance with mandatory requirements e.g. H&S training
- Promote strong working relationships both within the team and with other teams across DIO and MoD
- Project Management and Support to PD B2s and PD Desk Officers 15%
- Support project management activity within area of responsibility including managing dependencies and working with stakeholders
- Review and assess progress and report project issues as required to inform the project management and demand planning process. Recommend corrective action or re-prioritising as appropriate
- Be aware of wider strategic management of the estate and raise issues
- Act as the Project Sponsor for requirements up to Initial Gate Business Case and thereafter provide support to the identified delivery Project Manager throughout the lifecycle of the requirement
- Engage with delivery areas to ensure that all elements are coordinated and that cogent and coherent delivery timelines are used for programming activities
- Assist with the development and maintenance of mitigation and management of risk for all individual projects within area of responsibility Support programme management activity within area of responsibility
- Requirement Development for All But The Most Complex of Requirements 20%
- Responsible for the development of infrastructure requirements arising from prioritised Statements of Need (identified capability gap or opportunity) irrespective of the potential delivery mechanisms that could ensue.
- Responsible for ensuring that the full requirement is understood (the whole estate requirement) such that fully informed options can be developed.
- Challenging requirement where necessary to establish the true nature of the capability gap and a set of requirements that truly represent minimum military requirement
- Responsible for ensuring that requirements are developed in accordance with current scales such that the minimum military requirement is described.
- Responsible for engaging with stakeholders to establish the requirement
- Prepare and gaining approval for the User Requirement Document (URD) and keeping it up to date during the project life cycle.
- Solution Management 25%
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the estate within the designated Area of Responsibility such that advise on potential infrastructure solutions can be provided as required
- Responsible for ensuring that all potential solutions comply with the identified requirement
- Responsible for ensuring that all potential solutions are 'whole estate solutions' and include such things as whole life costs, SFM costs, utilities costs.
- Responsible for promoting innovative solutions and engaging with technical specialists and delivery areas to ensure that such solutions are full considered.
- Responsible for securing funding (if required) for, and scoping and tasking, DIO delivery areas to produce studies into potential solutions
- Business Case Development 25%
- Responsible for writing coherent and consistent business cases in accordance with departmental guidance.
- Working with DIO delivery areas, ensure that Business Cases identify all resource implications, including the whole life cost of the solution, such that funding can be allocated as appropriate in forward programmes (be they DIO programmes or external programmes)
- Performance Reporting 10%
- Development of performance management and analysis activities for team/function
- Day-to-day implementation of risk mitigation activities
- Reinforcement of DIO Corporate approach to reporting activities
- Responsible for routinely updating the Operations Programme concerning the allocated Area of Responsibility.