£50000 - £55000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
about 2 months ago
Our client are Our client is a national provider of comprehensive maintenance services for commercial and public sector buildings - including financial institutions, retail outlets, property specialists, corporate premises, government departments, education and health services and social housing landlords and they are currently looking for a Project Manager to be based in Barnoldswick.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To manage a designated project on site and achieve the target contributions in accordance with the contract documents and programme; ensuring that the project is delivered safely, on time, to a high standard of quality.
- To lead on the management of construction, Installation & finishes by: Producing and tracking short term programmes.
- Promote and maintain good working relations with visiting consultants, stakeholders, neighbours and other third parties
- Identify any potential site issues and escalate appropriately
- Establish and maintain good H&S and welfare practices on your site.
- Monitor site operatives attendance and time-keeping, manage quality of output
- Liaise with architects, engineers and other design professionals as necessary.
- Deal with emailed instructions or queries arising
- Work closely with the site commercial and design personnel, ensuring the necessary records are maintained and available as required
- Resolve disputes should they arise between any parties working on the site
- Prepare, implement and monitor site safety plan taking the appropriate action where issues arise, Maintaining site records including site induction and H&S logs, variations, instructions, delivery notes, O&M records.
- Ensuring that all company documents, Health and Safety and systems are adhered to such as tool box talks / site meetings.
- Manage master construction programme for the project and ensure sub-contractor adherence.
- Liaise with architects, engineers and other design professionals as necessary. Deal with emailed instructions or queries arising.
- Coordinate deliveries, waste collections in accordance with CTMP.
- Carry out quality control checks on in-house and sub-contracted elements.
- Work closely with the Ops Manager, Site Manager and Surveyor implementing any agreed actions, Assist the SM in leading the site teams over multiple schemes
Requirements for application:
- Proven experience within the industry of delivering projects/ overseeing multiple schemes
- Engaging with client to problem solve and create new opportunities. Building Relationships
- Have a helpful, flexible and hardworking approach- team player
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation
- Proficiency in general IT processes and Microsoft Office
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the construction industry as an acting Project manager
- Proven problem and analytical thinking
- High standards and attention to detail
- Practical knowledge
- Full UK/EU driving license
- Able to manage multiple sub-contracts, complete CPP H&S plan and managing and administering H&S policy set down from the business. Setting up of site compounds to establish construction zone, assisting with procurement and a strong knowledge of either Mech or Elec services as well as fabric / builders work (preferably strong knowledge of all).
- Undertake the role of PC & PD so experience working as lead main contractor also essential.
- A versatile individual that has previous experience working within the construction industry specifically, within an Industrial & manufacturing environment and as such has some experience with or professional bias towards mechanical & electrical installations & refurbishments.
- You need to be a highly motivated individual preferably although necessarily from a trade background.
- You will be responsible for the day to day implementation & management of the project as a front facing Manager, with excellent people & time management qualities.
- Must also be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Sufficient/relevant long term trade/site & management experience
- 5 day SMSTS
- First Aid at Work
- Minimum 3 years Site management experience
- Good knowledge of contract conditions, CDm 2015 & law within the Construction Industry
- Leadership skills (control and management of employees)
- Ambitious with high aspirations
- Excellent organiser with proven time management skills
- Numerate with good IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
You must have previous experience of at least 3 years working on projects ranging from 50K to £1.5 million in value. Proven experience of managing multiple contracts simultaneously having progressed through from engineer level through to PM.
If you have not heard back from us within 7 days then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file and contact you in the future regarding other suitable vacancies