Manchester, Greater Manchester
£300 - £450 per day
Rail Technical Team
10 months ago
Recruiting for a Project Manager to work on a contract basis based in Manchester working for a leading client in the Transportation Industry offering excellent rates of pay.
The contract will run for an initial 6-month commission, which it is anticipated to be extended by a further 6 months until 24 December 2020.
The Programme is made up of a series of Major and Minor schemes with the objective of driving growth in Greater Manchester through delivery of transport schemes to increase capacity on the networks and to enhance public transport and active travel.
Recruiting for a Project Manager who will be responsible for managing the delivery of several different programmes up to the value of £3.3 million.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Requirement for the role are as follows:
- Track record of delivering projects to time, cost and standard.
- Demonstrable post qualification experience in successful management of significant individual projects.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and meet funding and operational targets.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously using project management techniques.
- Good presentational skills evidenced by attending and presenting to public meetings, project exhibitions, consultation events, public inquiries and similar.
- Ability to compile clear and concise technical and non-technical reports for a range of political, professional and lay-person audiences.
- Demonstrable experience of using general IT office software.
- Financial awareness and knowledge of cost management.
- Experience of dealing with projects that impact on the general public and other multiple stakeholders.
- Proven experience of successful partnership working with a range of third parties.
- Ability to work in partnership and make positive contribution to work teams.
- Experience of being a team player and with equal ability to work effectively on own initiative and without close supervision.
- Demonstrated commitment to manage and review work programme on a regular basis.
- Experience of people management skills.