Up to £0.00 per annum
21 days ago
They are setting up a PMO capability in the business unit as they do not currently have one
There are lots of upcoming projects that are being run by people who don't have PM experience
This role will be to help:
- Set up PMO capability
- Support people delivering these projects who don't have PM skills
- Upskilling and bringing work into project environment and control
All projects are construction based - so ideally construction experience and investment experience backgrounds - full lifecycle (inception, discovery, investment, delivery, closure)
It would be advantageous to have someone who has experience setting up a PMO capability
Rail experience isn't important as most projects are refurbishing building and shops
Will go for experience over certs
(Prince 2 AMP PMQ min level)
Team sizes - aren't really set up at the moment but PMO side is 3 but people running the projects and then there are 6 SPM
May be running anything from 60 projects at one time, ranging from £25-30,000 - £10-12 million
Soft skills - good influencer, able to challenge and push back, clear communicator
About the role / project:
To lead the safe delivery of projects to achieve cost, time and quality objectives within corporate guidelines and to develop appropriate delivery and supply strategies and plans for specific projects.
What you will do:
* Deliver the project(s) safely to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Railway Group, Network Rail company standards and other specific legislation including construction design management (CDM) Regulations.
* Provide a professional, first class, consistent and effective project management service to the clients, including project monitoring and reporting systems in accordance with Railway Group, Network Rail company standards and guidelines.
* Participate in the development of supply strategies and framework contracts.
* Provide detailed input for compilation of the business plan and production of the possessions plan.
* Control project change, risks and contingency within the project life cycle and provide all cost, contingency and programme details to enable the Sponsor to obtain authorisation for portfolios/projects.
* Provide a safe working environment in the execution of work directly under the post holder's responsibility, including development of project safety plans and other associated documentation.
* Act as CDM Planning Supervisor as directed.
* Identify training needs in safety, technical and management areas for the personnel reporting to the post holder and contribute to their personal development.
* Undertake accident investigations when remitted to by the relevant designated competent person.
* Comply with the Investment Competence Framework
* Undertake under CDM Regulations, as role of Client Representative, Designer and CDM Co-ordinator on behalf of Network Rail in line with company standards.
Your experience will include:
* Relevant successful experience in project management
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Detailed knowledge of safety regulations (particularly CDM)
* Team leader capable of motivating the team
* Commercial and financial understanding and knowledge
* Accident Investigation experience
* Membership of the Association for Project Management or other professional body
* Six Sigma Yellow Belt
* A degree or equivalent
* Knowledge of investment processes and procedures
* Knowledge and understanding of project and contract management