4 months ago
Project Manager required to manage multiple Projects ranging in size up to ~£10m. Working to deliver industry leading satellite communications ground equipment for high profile government organizations around the globe.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
- Managing projects to meet the required financial and project constraints.
- Establishing, controlling and reporting project schedule & costs against an overall WBS & budget.
- Achieving acceptance of all elements of projects to schedule and cost.
- Accurately forecasting project cost, cash & resource demands
- Establishing and maintaining project metrics to measure and report progress.
- Effectively communicating with all project stakeholders to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
- Effectively managing project issues, risk & opportunities, data, and action logs, including item closure.
- Managing subcontractors to deliver requirements on time and to budget.
- Planning and conducting effective internal, customer and sub-contractor progress reviews.
- Preparing customer & internal progress reports in an agreed format.
- Establishing and implementing Project Management Plans (including all sub-ordinate plans), to provide planning basis for the team and customers.
- Ensuring that projects comply with the Company directives and relevant security requirements.
- Managing security of information as defined in the Security manual.
- Any other duties as and when required
- Degree in relevant discipline (Engineering, Science or Business Management) or equivalent experience
- Project management qualifications preferred, such as APMP.
- Ability to obtain and maintain SC clearance.
Qualifications / skills required
- Proven experience in project management, specifically in setting up, running and successfully delivering projects, ideally in a satellite or engineering/aerospace industry.
- Ability to successfully manage and deliver multi-disciplined projects in a matrix structure.
- Experience of working with overseas customers, specifically North America.
- Experience of MS Office including MS Project.
- A strong and varied background in scheduling/budgeting/cost management with proven commercial/technical astuteness and demonstrable good judgment.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.