£60000 - £70000 per annum
Rail Technical Team
16 days ago
FTC 18 Months
Morson International is recruiting for a Project Manager based in London, working on a large rail project. The role does require traveling through out the south of England.
This Role is a Fixed Term Contract until Feb 2021, Working on mainly Depot Project.
- Support on the development of a Property Project Management overarching Governance structure to align with Property Project PMO Methodology.
- Ensure all construction projects are designed, procured and managed ensuring both best practice and best value are demonstrated and that projects are delivered within budget, to programme and to Property governance procedures.
- Develop and manage Project Cost Summary and cost monitoring process in order to ensure that the overall project budget remains within budget
- Ensure that stage targets are met and corrective actions are instigated following any shortcomings identified
- Monitor the construction phase and take necessary action in order to ensure that the Projects will be completed within the cost and programmed completion date.
- Ensure that Consultants observe the provisions of their appointments including cost control procedures and the change authorisation procedure agreed with the Client. On behalf of the Client, receive the consultant financial statements and submissions and submit to the Client with recommendations
- Ensure project delivery in terms of quality and performance including all necessary backup documents (e.g. warranties, H&S files, etc)
- Continue maintaining a list of Contractor's Project Performance for future appointment
- Prepare and submit monthly Project WIP Status Summary report to Property and relevant TOC Executive Team/s
- Work closely with Procurement Team's to ensure Project management related contracts are efficiently procured with appropriate levels of service and quality in place.
- Build effective professional relationships at project level within relevant TOC's that ensure these key internal customers are fully engaged in and support delivery of the Project management strategies through timely decision making and provision of resources when required.
- Manage the interface of the Project Management Strategy and Methodology with TOC Customer Service Propositions and other industry driven systems (NPS / NR Asset Scoring) to realise full industry benefit.
- Manage the relationship with other industry stakeholders regards property project management
- Maintenance of own continued professional development in order to effectively oversee direction and performance monitoring of third party professional suppliers.
- Property Project Manager with at least 5 year experience of property project management preferably within the rail sector.
- Preferred Chartered Member of relevant Professional Institute (MCIOB, RICS)
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to ensure adequate liaison with all levels of the business that will assist in delivering aspirations fairly and effectively.