Up to £60 per hour
6 months ago
Project Manager required on initial 9 month contract @ RAF Wyton
The role is for a client-side PM to manage the build of a hospital complex
Some hospital experience needed
DIO experience desirable but not essential. Infrastructure projects experience is needed.
SC will be essential.
This is a role for an experienced project manager with a background in Defence infrastructure projects and experience of working on hospital projects. 4 days per week with the possibility of the fifth day working remotely); there may be some travel to other sites.
You will bring to this role a dynamic, enthusiastic and professional approach. You will have 'Completer-finisher' approach to tasks and outcomes. You will have excellent spoken and written communication skills and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and Scheduling tools. The excellence you demonstrate will promote the professional, dependable image that is fundamental to future success.
Due to the nature of our work in the defence and government sectors, you will be required to hold an MOD SC security clearance.
The specific requirements of the role are as follows:
- Manage projects to monitor changes to programme, report the cause and effect immediately to the APM. This includes ensuring that the design and construction of the project meets the User Requirement Document, Project Brief and WISI as they are developed and handed over at the agreed time and to the correct standards.
- Review PSP/Works Contractor Monthly Progress Reports for accuracy and ensure reports are provided to the IPO. PSP/CCS Monthly Reports will be 'draft' until Contracted PM meets with PSP/Consultant to agree Monthly Report for issue.
- Manage the Project On-Boarding & Project Change Control process. Ensure Programme Change Control time frames are met by Client and PSP. All as per 'Change Control Strategy' Version 2.0 DATED 7/11/2018 (MOD task PSPFW/066 or subsequent formally issued versions.
- Report full effects of each Change Order, risk or client request, on the project in terms of schedule, cost and impact to the PIMS.
- Project Manager will maintain and routinely update record of all project Change Orders, their impact to UIP, CCL and UK Approvals with clear approval trail. All project changes will be updated on PIMS within 5 working days.
- Manage the contractual change process of PSP or Works contracts within contract time frames.
- Monitor, record and agree mitigation for contract Early Warnings issued.
- Monitor, record and investigate any Compensation Events assessing and determining initial decision with assigned PSP and DIO Commercial team.
- Track all project CE's monthly and allocate against Risk inside of Costing (RiC) or Risk outside of Costing (RoC).
- Update financial and IMS reports as they occur to enable data interface with commercial CP&F payment processes. Verify completion of PSP/Works Contractor Payment Line Items in the Contractor's Milestone Payment Schedule.
- Maintain financial tracking by project to monitor cost growth and schedule impact against FOO.
- The contracted PM shall seek assistance from DIO Civil Servant PM to input commercially sensitive data into IMS but the responsibility to ensure this is done remains with contracted PM.
- By 15th of each calendar month the contracted PM will formally update DIO financial forecast data base (and where possible IMS) and provide PSP evidence and narrative of any accrual values.
- Ensure assigned PSP's provide accurate Project Performance Report data on 12th of each month as per DIO PPR Training. Contracted PM to;
- Assure data, verify and issue to MPP USVF IPO no later than 18th of each month.
- PSP management.
- Provision of evidence to support PSP/Works Contractors Milestone Payments.
- Verify with PSP & DIO APM, PSP KPI's as required under framework or discrete contract requirements.
- Agree with PSP & DIO APM, Works Contractor KPI's as required under framework or discrete contract requirements.
- Provide Draft narratives to the APM ahead of Sub Programme Soft Reports, commenting on successes, issues, risks and next steps.
- Deliver Weekly Activity Reports on the status of each project for the Programme Director and the Dep Head MPP USVF-Delivery.
- Contracted PM to undertake MOD Mandatory Training as directed by DIO APM B2 Lead.