17 days ago
Morson has an exciting opportunity for an on going contract for an Aerospace Project Manager to work on the Wildcat (AW159) and Merlin (AW101) for a Major Aerospace Company in Yeovil, Somerset.
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of the defined Project with authority and responsibility from the Programme Manager to run the project on a day to day basis
Key Job Accountabilities:
- The project manager is responsible for leading and managing the project team with responsibility and authority from the Programme Manager or Sponsor on a day to day basis. Delivering the project to schedule, cost and quality.
- Interfacing between the project and functional business areas to achieve the overall Project deliverables.
- Demonstrate good communication and encouragement across functional business areas, for change.
- Effective co-ordination of the project and the inter dependencies into the overall Programme or as an independent small project, including resolution or mitigation of any risks and issues arising during the project. Supported by the Programme Management office.
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with Client policies, and processes.
- Ensuring delivery of contract life cycle relevant to accountable project.
- Managing and production of the required deliverables proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action to achieve quality and schedule within budget.
- Planning, designing and monitoring the project, preparing any project plans as required.
- Identifying and obtaining support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project.
- Managing the projects budget on behalf of the company, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the project progresses.
- Manage Authorisations in line with level of accountability.
- Manage Profitability in line with level of accountability.
- Identify, capture and manage risks to the project, including the development of contingency plan, in accordance with Client policy and process.
- Liaison with the programme management (if part of a programme) and related projects to ensure alignment and integration.
- Engagement with IPTs, Customers and vendors in line with level of accountability.
- Applying change control and configuration management processes.
- Liaise with project assurance representatives to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project.
- Conduct project reviews and highlighting actions / recommendations to appropriate business area, ensuring good communication links.
- Managing project administration.
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the appropriate level of management both internally and to the customer.
- Chair Internal Configuration Change Boards (CCB) and Configuration Implementation Boards (CIB) as required, supported by Configuration Management.
- You are responsible for taking reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate with managers, supervisors and others to enable the company to meet its statutory obligations for health, safety and environment.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Project management approach to the specific requirements of the project, including good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects.
- Understand and apply business case and risk management processes.
- Ability to make decisions with limited facts.
- Establish good working relationships with the senior responsible owner of the project and where appropriate, Customer representatives.
- Build and sustain effective communications with other roles involved in the project.
- Direct, manage and motivate the project team.
- Develop and maintain an agreed project plan and detailed stage plans.
- Tailor expert knowledge to meet specific circumstances including strong knowledge of those key functional disciplines such as Engineering, Operations, CS&T and Procurement. Plan and manage deployment of physical and financial resources to meet project milestones
- Apply quality management principles and processes.
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- Highly desirable to have Merlin or Wildcat experience.
Please send cv or call Sue Orr on 01935 403205 for more details