Up to £45 per hour
7 months ago
Project Manager required to manage a multi-functional team (including Engineering, Procurement, Production and PA functions) to develop and produce electronic equipment for satellite applications.
The primary role of this position is to ensure that the customer requirements flown down via a work order or contract are delivered On Quality, On Time and On Cost.
As such you will be the primary interface to the customer ensuring that deliverables are produced in-line with the project schedule and relevant gate/quality reviews and customer reviews.
You will be fully responsible for all aspects of the equipment/deliverables and ensure the allocated team delivers to customer satisfaction.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
* Be the point of contact for customers, proposals and/or projects.
* Ensure proposals are bid in line with product strategy. Play an active role in bid/no-bid decisions.
* Ensure proposals are produced on time and effectively answer the RFP.
* Deliver programmes on time, on quality and in costs
* Manage projects and establish EAC / CTC throughout the project life cycle in line with company processes
* Provide inputs to the Monthly Review, Business Reviews and other relevant reviews and in line with the agreed methods and principles.
* Ensure strong link with other departments
* Ensure programmes effectively focus on mitigation of risk to result in successful completion.
* Drives the Project from proposal to delivery
* Endorses Project goals and defines Development Plan
* Drives budgets, schedule, dependency analysis, risk management, and risk mitigation strategy
* Responsible for overall internal and contractual compliance to the product & project requirements
* Manages resources assignment within Core Team
* Implements project level Make-Buy analysis and decision
* Implementation of divisional standards
* Leads and facilitates Multi-functional Core Team
* Drives development
* Sets Team / individual Project objectives
* Details Work Breakdown Structures/Packages
* Triggers internal Design Reviews
* Makes Project decisions
* Assures effective and efficient working within the core team
* Drives tight change control management and impact reviews (including ECOs)
* Coordinates stakeholder management
* Centralises customer interface (Reporting, meetings etc…)
* Provides Project reporting to Airbus management
* Liaises on cross project shared resources and facility conflicts
* Triggers and coordinates gate/quality reviews
* Resolves project / functional conflicts
* Acts as the Project Champion (advocate)
* Provides input to functional managers for Team Members performance evaluation
* Communicates milestone issues with core team
* Coordinate interface to selected extended project team members
* Configuration management of project and manufacturing documents
* Ensure that proposals are supported and that lessons learnt are incorporated to allow cost models and reductions are continuous.
* Develop relationships with external suppliers.
* Proven track record of delivering complex proposals under short timescales and delivering complex and challenging projects 'lead by example'
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills in communication, delegation and motivation.
* To have good analytical skills to be able to challenge the core team constantly, achieving best value for the customer.
* Good communication skills to enable discussion and presentation of complex issues and solutions
HND/Degree in Electronic Engineering or other relevant engineering subjects.
Should have an in depth knowledge of managing projects and people both locally and remotely.
A proven track record of project delivery in a development and production environment is essential.
Reports to: Head of Proposals and Projects (Communication Products Group)
Supervises: Proposal and/or Project teams from 5-50 people
Be able to communicate in a relevant manner with all parties, this will include engineering group staff and internal and external customers, as well as other supporting functions, such as Design, Production, Quality, Test, etc.
Will also be involved in detailed discussion and negotiation with external suppliers.
This role will be based at Portsmouth, and may from time to time incur UK travel.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.