4 months ago
Project Manager required to manage the transfer of complex electronics products between manufacturing facilities and delivering those products on time, to budget and the required standard.
The role includes but is not limited to the following:
* Managing projects to meet the required financial and project constraints.
* Establishing, controlling and reporting project schedule & costs against an overall WBS & budget.
* Achieving acceptance of all elements of projects to schedule and cost.
* Accurately forecasting project cost, cash & resource demands.
* Establishing and maintaining project metrics to measure and report progress
* Effectively communicating with all project stakeholders to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
* Effectively managing project issues, risk & opportunities, data, and action logs, including item closure.
* Managing subcontractors to deliver requirements on time and to budget
* Planning and conducting effective internal, customer and sub-contractor progress reviews.
* Preparing customer & internal progress reports in an agreed format.
* Establishing and implementing Project Management Plans (including all sub-ordinate plans), to provide planning basis for the team and customers.
* Ensuring that projects comply with the relevant security requirements.
* Ensuring that projects comply with the Company directives.
* Managing security of information as defined in the Security manual.
Proven experience in project management, specifically in setting up, running and successfully delivering hardware projects, ideally in the defence electronics sector is required.
The ability to successfully manage and deliver multi-disciplined projects in a matrix structure and experience of MS Office including MS Project is required.
A strong and varied background in scheduling/budgeting/cost management with proven commercial & technical astuteness and demonstrable good judgement is also required.
Candidates should have a degree in relevant discipline (Engineering, Science or Business Management) or equivalent experience
Project management qualifications are preferred, such as APMP.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.