£45.00 - £50.00 per annum
6 months ago
Project Manager, Contract, Aztec West, ASAP start, 12 month Contract
Competence The Candidate must be able to demonstrate:
Key Area of Responsibility
* Delivery of assigned HPC work packages to time, cost and QEH&S targets in compliance with the Joint Venture
* Establishment of a vision and proactive management to positively direct a team in the achievement of common goals
* Provides leadership, management and governance to ensure the HPC project meets specified requirements
* Working with commercial representatives ensuring that all component projects and assigned work packages satisfy all joint venture commercial requirements
* Responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of all team members and ensuring compliance with legislative requirements
* Actively promote environmental awareness/considerations and sustainability through the project delivery cycle
* Strategic customer and stakeholder management externally and internally within the joint venture with the overall strategy supporting the joint venture
* Define delivery programme baselines and operates project control processes (requirements capture, planning, cost, risk, trend analysis and change control)
* Ensures that project objectives are aligned with overall organisational objectives
* Manage the development of a project risks and opportunities plan and instigates mitigation measures or other appropriate actions
* Provide governance to ensure that the HPC project assigned work packages are aligned with the joint venture objectives, processes and procedures
* Through stakeholder analysis, effectively identify stakeholders, their potential impact on successful delivery and proactively works to prevent adverse impacts on delivery through management of their expectations
* Delivery of a project within a contractual framework operating with processes to ensure legal and contractual compliance in conjunction with the responsible Commercial Manager
* Assist the Business Manager, Programme Manager, Senior Project Manager in discharging his or her strategic and capability development responsibilities in relation to the HPC Project
Knowledge / Understanding
* To develop knowledge of "best practice techniques" as outlined within, the APM " Body of Knowledge?, and the Nuclear National Skills Academy competence framework
Minimum 5 years project management experience including 2 years as an Assistant Project Manager (i.e. Project Engineer).
* Leadership and Management experience gained as an Assistant Project Manager (APM) on medium to low complexity and risk projects.
* Able to demonstrate management experience across the complete project lifecycle or significant phases
* Engineering background in an appropriate sector, process engineering, oil & gas or civil engineering nuclear preferable.
* Commercial experience in the application of various forms of supply contracts (e.g. NEC).
Qualifications specific to role
* Degree level qualification preferred, minimum level HND or HNC in an Engineering Discipline
* Chartered Engineer with a recognised Engineering Institution preferred
* Association of Project Management (APM) Full member or equivalent Project Management Institute (PMI) qualification APMP or Certified Associate in Project Management
* Business qualification valued Member of the Institute of Management or equivalent
* ISOH Managing Safely higher safety qualifications for site based work CITB Site Management Safety Training or NEBOSH Construction Certificate
* Environmental Training preferred Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) Foundation Course or Associate Certificate or NEBOSH Environmental certificate