Birmingham, West Midlands
£34000 - £41000 per annum + 24 Days Holiday, Pension, Life Assurance
Rail Technical Team
5 months ago
Our client are world leaders in asset management, engineering design and operational delivery, solving complex challenges for clients such as Network Rail.
They are seeking to recruit Project Managers to work on a permanent basis to assist in the management of multidisciplinary or single projects.
What is the purpose of this role?
To manage a portfolio of multidisciplinary or single discipline projects; and to deliver or exceed the Company's agreed financial expectation for the projects portfolio in terms of value, margin and cash.
What will this role involve?
- Maximise operating efficiency, so that projects portfolio is delivered in compliance with the Project Control System to agreed standards and targets
- Implement quality improvements when opportunities arise
- Deliver revenue within agreed budgets
- Act decisively to rectify any adverse circumstances that threaten the delivery of the quality and programme agreed with the client
- Define and manage programme of projects, update regularly and ensure that activity managers have sufficient capable resources to meet deadlines
- Maintain regular liaison with all stakeholders and employees on the progress of projects
- Forecast and monitor the financial performance of the projects portfolio, providing regular (minimum monthly) detailed reports, comparing actual and forecast performance to plan expectations and explaining variations
- Ensure robust WIP conversion through prompt invoicing
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Assurance regulations
- Carry out line management duties, as required
- Conduct weekly reviews with Activity Managers and/or project teams
- With support of commercial team, ensure that contracts are in place before work commences including sub contracts and purchase orders for suppliers and sub consultants
- Approve expenditure within limits of delegated authority
- Manage, develop, coach and motivate employees in the project team
- Maintain and develop key client contacts to maximise future business opportunities
- Support the development of new business by involvement on key client management process, tendering and winning work
- Degree or equivalent qualification in suitable engineering discipline
-Membership of recognised engineering / project management institution
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with
MS Office suite and experienced in the use of project management software - MS Project, Primevera Knowledge of financial and contract management control systems
- Able to implement and support a customer-centric approach
- Able to manage, develop and motivate a team
- Demonstrable experience including previous experience in a related industry sector with some experience in the management of design projects
- Demonstrates ability to implement and meet targets
- Supports and contributes to continuous improvement
- Demonstrates developed communication and influencing skills
- IOSH managing safely
- Environmental awareness