Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Bonus
6 months ago
£50-60k plus bonus
Morson International is pleased to working with our long-standing client who offers a market leading Software within their field, the successful Project manager will work closely with their customers to define and scope Projects throughout the entire SDLC.
This is a varied role that involves close collaboration with customers, internal departments and management of virtual teams of co-workers. The Project Manager will be responsible for the timely execution of a number of projects to a high standard that meets both internal and client's expectations.
In addition, one of the key roles the Project Manager will be expected to undertake will be to work with several high priority customers to understand their future business objectives and define how the organisation can help them on that journey, creating new commercial opportunities.
- Accountable for project results along with project sponsor
- Direct and manage projects from beginning to end
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business and customer goals
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Stakeholder management. Effectively communicate, set and continually manage project expectations with internal and external Stakeholders Resource management
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Complete work breakdown structure to estimate effort required for each task
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring changes are documented and approved with project change request forms
- Determine metrics and key success factors and complete post-project evaluation
- Collect and document lessons learned upon completion of the project
- Support and enforce standards and methodologies around business process development, project management and change management
- Responsible for teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately
Due to the nature of the role it is essential that you have experience working in customer facing role managing multiple complex Software Projects throughout the entire SDLC. Due to the role being customer focused you will be required to attend on site meetings as a result can expect to spend approximately 25-30% of your time travelling/working from client sites.
- Interacting with business customers including senior stakeholders
- Managing cross functional teams to define the scope and goals of projects
- Working with Agile and Scrum environments
- Leading projects and programs across multiple countries and time zones.
- Proven success managing resources across multiple projects with varying prioritisation, visibility and locations.
- Proven experience with project management procedures and methodology, especially requirements management and schedule management.
- Strong leadership, team-building and coaching skills.